Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace to sign 2 attacking signings by 12... apparently (merged)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Correct SOG. On average the Albion will have to travel 98 miles further than Palace for every away league game this season. However, it is guaranteed that we will average more than them again away this season.

377 for a "massive club" is pisspoor :ffsparr: unless of course the massive club is not really that massive.:D

To be fair we do have a larger away following due to a decent fanbase of exiles travelling to games everywhere , particularly north of London which becomes a localish game for many.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Your away support last year was marginally better than ours. Given it was a new league for you, and for us, the same league for 14 of the last 15 season's, that really is nothing to gloat about. Face it, plastic support, home and away.

I don't have the figures but I believe we still had a larger away following when we were in League 1.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yep. Cause every Palace fan is obviously from Croydon and every Brighton fan is from Brighton. No, not a massive club but still bigger than your plastic, tinpot shower.
You've got a f***ing nerve calling us tinpot. At least we've always paid our bills, even if it cost us our ground, yet your morally bankrupt shower shafted local businesses by twice going into administration. You try to lord it over us by quoting all this bollocks about 35 years in the top two divisions, but the only way you achieved it was by cheating. We may have struggled for a number of years but at least we were honest and decent in our dealings. They say cheats never prosper and hopefully your loathsome outfit will get it's just desserts.
I hate your f***ing club and nothing would make me happier than to see you go out of business

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I don't have the figures but I believe we still had a larger away following when we were in League 1.

Only the year that you walked the league and we came 21st. Think the difference on average was around the hundred mark. Again, nothing to gloat about!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You've got a f***ing nerve calling us tinpot. At least we've always paid our bills, even if it cost us our ground, yet your morally bankrupt shower shafted local businesses by twice going into administration. You try to lord it over us by quoting all this bollocks about 35 years in the top two divisions, but the only way you achieved it was by cheating. We may have struggled for a number of years but at least we were honest and decent in our dealings. They say cheats never prosper and hopefully your loathsome outfit will get it's just desserts.
I hate your f***ing club and nothing would make me happier than to see you go out of business

Back to the old admin argument. Our admins, yep, purely down to intentionally overspending! Cause that would make sense wouldn't it, all or bust. Jordan was a knob but not that stupid. You come across all high and mighty and make out it's some moral issue but at the end of the day it was human error, mismanagement and some circumstances beyond our control that caused it. Just as you could find out one day as your club is being run by a rich one man band. And I referred to you as tinpot as any club that jumps from 6000 to 20,000 + in the space of a year, obviously is. And you know it's true.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Murray , your best striker ? The fella who scored a massive 6 (SIX) goals last season ? Things are worse than I thought at Smellhurst.

Glenn didn't get much game time last season. He is our best striker at the moment, but we're signing one/two next week so all will be well.

CPFC2010 said to judge them and the squad at the end of the transfer window, because that's when the best business gets done. People were starting to panic that we hadn't improved the side much over last season, but we've done that now and there's more signings to come before the window shuts next week :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Only the year that you walked the league and we came 21st. Think the difference on average was around the hundred mark. Again, nothing to gloat about!

All history now,time will show that nothing lasts forever,not even a stay in the top 2 divisions.

Brighton could and probably will sustain 20,000 gates for many many years.

The seeds have been sown.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

When you walked League 1 and won most games? I'm not surprised. If you manage to stay in the Championship for a few more years, I doubt your away attendances will be anywhere near as "impressive".

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I see. So, they were both in their respective reserve squads?

No. Bolasie was in no squad at all, as he had handed in a transfer request and didn't want to play.

It's a bit like saying that Vicente is shit because he's not playing for you at the moment. Not playing =/= reserve squad.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When you walked League 1 and won most games? I'm not surprised. If you manage to stay in the Championship for a few more years, I doubt your away attendances will be anywhere near as "impressive".

Can you give us some tips on how to stay in this league? Better yet, give old Tony an email. I am certain he would be grateful.

I've heard that one way is to spend, spend, spend with scant regard for who picks up the tab. Good plan, [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No. Bolasie was in no squad at all, as he had handed in a transfer request and didn't want to play.

It's a bit like saying that Vicente is shit because he's not playing for you at the moment. Not playing =/= reserve squad.

Vicente is injured. He'd be in the first team if he wasn't injured. I don't see the comparison. You're quite fun to debate with though. Can't be Parish after all.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
And I referred to you as tinpot as any club that jumps from 6000 to 20,000 + in the space of a year, obviously is. And you know it's true.
Eh? Jumping from 6,000 to 20,000 defines us as tin-pot?

tinpot (ˈtɪnˌpɒt)

Definitions

adjective

(British, informal)
  • inferior, cheap, or worthless
  • paltry; unimportant
Surely this defines Chrystal Phallus?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Palace fans are, seemingly,having trouble with our crowd increases.

Let's spell it our for our awkward A23 cousins.

A decent venue helps
Direct debits help
A decent team helps
An assured future helps
A likeable and trustworthy chairman helps
Not having a boardroom of cocks, helps

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Palace fans are, seemingly,having trouble with our crowd increases.

Let's spell it our for our awkward A23 cousins.

A decent venue helps
Direct debits help
A decent team helps
An assured future helps
A likeable and trustworthy chairman helps
Not having a boardroom of cocks, helps

It's a new stadium. Plastic football fans (and kids etc) want to watch football in a shiny new stadium. It's a novelty thing. Any team that gets a new stadium has an increase in crowds for a while.

It has nothing to do with your future (about as assured as ours) nor does it have anything to do with your chairman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here