Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace to sign 2 attacking signings by 12... apparently (merged)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yep you sure are missing somethnig - the point.

I'm reffering to the fact that a) Their chairman is on twitter b) He openly chats to fans about things and leaves himself open to abuse / awkward questions etc c) Have you seen how unprofessional his tweets are - and tinpot.

If that were Bloom i'd be embarrased...

Whilst I agree that his tweets are quite embarrassing in whole, I don't think him using twitter to announce a couple of signing is embarrassing. The fact he was an hour out on when it was going to be announced really is pathetic that you are trying to point score on it. He's chairman he signs cheques probably has f*** all to do with actual signings other than approving the budget.

I think the fact that the owner/boss/chairman personally made fans aware that the deals would be happening by 12pm, as opposed to someone ITK, or on a transfer site, or other source. He, of all people, should know what's going on, so it's probably a bit silly to put something like that in the public domain without being 100% certain.

It smacks of unprofessionalism, to me, and risks alienating fans, or giving them reason to have less confidence in the board.

See above. He got it wrong by an hour! Blinking flip!

I can't wait to see your fixture list next season.

Next year: the Lamex.

stevenage_getty595.jpg

Oh look they've even got a big top for Jonathon P:jester:rr to change in.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I really don't see how signing a Brazillian from the Turkish league could be seen as a bad thing. He has done well in the Brazillian top flight too. Nobody is pretending that he's DEFINITELY going to be great, but he could be a good player for us. He might not, of course, but Dougie really does his research.

The last player we bought from the Turkish league was Mile Jedinak, and he turned out alright! :thumpsup:
If your measure of success is avoiding relegation on the final day of the season, then finishing 17th and 10 points behind your rivals the next, then yes he has been an AWESOME acquisition.

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh look they've even got a big top for Jonathon P:jester:rr to change in.

I saw that more as Paddy McCarthy's dressing room if I'm honest.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
lol seaside really does talk sht.

Telling Brizzle City fans a £5M bid was turned down for Zaha even though Steve Parish said it was £4.5M and Palace's only GOOD striker (Muzza) was out injured. Pure comedy

Found it quite funny that one of them called our chairman "a plastic" when trying to defend Parish's antics on Twitter :lolol:

Clueless the lot of them. TB has A LOT better things to do than get involved in a binfest on here!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bristol City signed Bolassie for £20k from Plymouth just over a year ago and when he put in a transfer request were thinking they might get £50k for him , however they've mugged off Palace for a sum in the region of £350k :laugh:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Found it quite funny that one of them called our chairman "a plastic" when trying to defend Parish's antics on Twitter :lolol:

Clueless the lot of them. TB has A LOT better things to do than get involved in a binfest on here!

Christ.

Tony Bloom (with a three generation history of Albion fans) propping us up in our gory years.

Steve Parish. An awkward and ungainly spiv, waited to get Palace on the cheap, whilst screwing many businesses out of money.

I know who I would rather have.

Oh blimey. A few minutes ago, I was reading posts from some supposedly ITK Palace fan on Twitter who said fans would be "really excited" about the new signings and that they would "love them". I was starting to worry for a little bit there, thinking you had a couple of stars lined up (wasn't sure HOW you'd manage that, but it was a brief concern).

And then you sign Yannick Bolasie.

Here's today's Countdown Conundrum for you: U D N E R W E H L E M D.

Is the answer to your Countdown Conundrum : ROSS McCORMACK ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst I agree that his tweets are quite embarrassing in whole, I don't think him using twitter to announce a couple of signing is embarrassing. The fact he was an hour out on when it was going to be announced really is pathetic that you are trying to point score on it. He's chairman he signs cheques probably has f*** all to do with actual signings other than approving the budget.

See above. He got it wrong by an hour! Blinking flip!

That's kinda my point. The boss of a company shouldn't get *anything* wrong - certainly not in public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here