Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace throwing tickets at Saints

Jan 12, 2012
Much like your dilapidated stadium, we did not have a ground that reached out and grabbed supporters on cold wintry days with a nice chilling wind and a downpour. However, as I said, still had 6.5k that braved the shit weather, the view, the catering facilities and the L1 and L2 status. Anywhere between 90-100% home support turning up for the allocation provided is almost legendary status. Now we have a supporter friendly ground, would you not expect stay away Brighton fans to come back in their droves? Would you not expect it at a new ground if you were lucky enough to get one? Would you not expect to find it difficult to get any sort of waiting list in a Withdeanesque stadium if you were as unfortunate as us to have such a place? Think outside the box, be a good chap, it is why we see you with this green streak because although you can understand it you just don't want to.

I think you're missing my point.The fans who turned up at that dump are to be commended, they were true fans who kept the faith.Im not digging them out one little bit.Im just saying a lot more fans will be attracted to a new stadium, who maybe wouldn't have gone along previously if tickets were available.
Its similar to Selhurst, not the most of appetizing of grounds, and there wont be queing up to get in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We should rename this thread An Evening With...

The number of New Palace fans expected to purchase season tickets for next season..3

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think you're missing my point.The fans who turned up at that dump are to be commended, they were true fans who kept the faith.Im not digging them out one little bit.Im just saying a lot more fans will be attracted to a new stadium, who maybe wouldn't have gone along previously if tickets were available.
Its similar to Selhurst, not the most of appetizing of grounds, and there wont be queing up to get in.

The Withdean faithful are to be commended and your right many new fans and why not we have a lost generation,but so so so many people i know go now who have not been since the Goldstone and Gillingham

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You seem a bit of an expert on Palace attendance matters, you sure you aint a CPFC season ticket holder ?

My son's mate is a Leeds fan who has reliable info that numerous London Whites are on the CPFC database

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe I just said that?

Anywhere between 90-100% home support turning up for the allocation provided is almost legendary status. Now we have a supporter friendly ground, would you not expect stay away Brighton fans to come back in their droves?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can i just congratulate the OP on the title of this thread,the content is superb,but the title is simply brilliant..

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Selling to away fans or JCL's ? Whats the difference ?
Bums on seats and money for the club

None. I'd rather do what you lot are doing and give a larger allocation to away fans and have less JCL's to be honest. At least they'd be proper fans turning up to the games and we don't have to listen to the JCL's claiming it's the end of the world because we've lost one fecking game!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As our Moderator El Presidente is such a staunch Crystal Palace supporter, can't he encourage some of his Man City mateys to go and buy tickets for Palace games....? You know....give them some proper support instead of just the lip-service he gives them on here.

What ARE you on about?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
None. I'd rather do what you lot are doing and give a larger allocation to away fans and have less JCL's to be honest. At least they'd be proper fans turning up to the games and we don't have to listen to the JCL's claiming it's the end of the world because we've lost one fecking game!

What a load of nonsense, you'd rather have more away fans/empty seats than BHA supporters?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Surprised you haven't jumped in with some far fetched memory of the Albion turning over the Goldstone or Withdean to opposing supporters. Go on have a little think.

Thanks....glad someone else is on my wavelength.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here