Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace : The resurface

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Love it, can't wait. Remember that magical night at the Goldstone in '76 when Sammy Morgan scored both goals in front of over 33000.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The rivalry's never gone away. Palace is the next score you always look for first, the transfer rumours are always scoured for signs of Palace upgrading or selling their better players.

We certainly have a point to prove, we've been below them for too long.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
living in redhill im surrounded by this vermin infested scum.so i cant wait to turn them over.lets make the amex so intimidating for them and there players that we stuff it up them big time :albion2:

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
I was there that night as a 14 year old.

Ron Challis, more bent (than us lot put together according to some), and Alan Mullery giving the two fingers if memory serves.

That night was when the rivalary started for me.

Can't wait for the pikeys and their caravan train.

i went to the fac replay 76 at selhurst 1-1,just before the stamford bridge game and the atmosphere was hostile and electric,so the rivallry must of kicked off before this game.i was only 10 at time so anyone older when did it all start??

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What am I explaining? The term 'needle' means amount of aggravation between the fans.

The fact there is a lot of it... well compare and contrast our euphoric feelings of upsurge and the joy of the new stadium, palarses relative feeling of superiority that is looking pretty f***ing shaky about now, the fact it's been a while, the fact that last time in the champ we got tonked at their place setting up a result they still rub in now, our insistence they are a bunch of debt-dodging pikey scumbags, their endless pathetic homophobic comments, their attempts at slating our stadium with a variety of stupid epithets that although obvious bullshit and deliberate wind-up still drive me f***ing MAD to witness... all this and the moment our moody striker wins us over with a season of effort and decent return he fucks off for FREE to our arch f***ing rivals of ALL PEOPLE in a plot twist that even the WWE would think was stupidly far fetched... and of course there is always more which I can't be bothered to itemize. Hope this helps.

Not sure about that bit!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Anyone know when they knew they hated palace? I can't answer myself. I know I hate palace like I know the sky is blue or who my mum is.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Rivalary started way back to a friendly game which was the first time I sore trouble in the north stand I was standing on the halveway line in the chicken run the rest is history
I was there that night as a 14 year old.

Ron Challis, more bent (than us lot put together according to some), and Alan Mullery giving the two fingers if memory serves.

That night was when the rivalary started for me.

Can't wait for the pikeys and their caravan train.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think I'm more excited because we're on a more level playing field this time, almost literally actually.

Its been an odd one over the last few years because I've not wanted to finish above a specific team so badly. My expectations may be low but if we finished 4th bottom and Palace finished 3rd bottom I'd be happy.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Some of them are OK....REMF gets help from them,like all clubs,there are good and bad amongst all....but still love it when we beat them....which is 36 to 34 in our favour.

:mad:

Attachments

• scan0001 (6).jpg
    scan0001 (6).jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 151

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
not sure i want my kids involved in a rerun of the 70's people got hurt, stabbed, teeth, kick out,people beaten to a pulp! oh yes that will be fun again:facepalm:

Totally agree Rev. I was a child in the the 70's and caught up in some of the aggro a few times and it was a very frightening experience. The matches though, I've never been to any since which contained the same electric frisson. Roll on September!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bit rich, coming from someone who has "Some Soldiers" under father on their birth certificate.

That made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. :lolol::lolol:

Coming from Haywards Heath, I actually have a few Palace mates (not close mates obviously) the banter between us has been building up all summer.

Like Rev, I'm hoping for an electric atmosphere, where everyone has a good excuse to vent their spleen. If the "Top Boys" from each side want to find an out of town industrial estate to go "Toe to Toe" so be it. Leave the rest of us to enjoy the spectacle.

It going to be like a gladiators arena!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Always brings a smile to my face when I drive past the old Gallstone ground.

If only Hereford beat you eh oh well:down:
Brighton vs Hereford

Seagulls rising from the flames of doom! fair play to them
With any luck you will go straight back down again :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You really haven't got much going for you have you?

You live in Littlehampton and support the red and blue shite plus you're a twat.

It's going to be great watching your pikey club collapse and die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here