Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So it appears that the CPFC2010 chaps have scrapped plans to build a new stadium and will instead redevelop SP.
There's a surprise. Now wait for the Palace fans that were boasting about their cool new stadium plans to come on here saying how old grounds are much better.

Oh look, here's one now:
More than happy to have selhurst redevelop, a couple of new stands would bring the ground up to modern standards ,too many new stadiums are to much like fish bowls with no Features

the Amex is one of the better new builds.
Damn, you've spoiled it by being nice and fair minded.

The down side with selhurst is getting to the ground which can be painful.
On a serious note, I thought that was supposed to be the problem with our ground, not yours?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
With the saga of them moving to an expensive new stadium at the National Sports Centre drifting and the likelyhood that NIMBYS would put a spanner in the works anyway - so by the time they have been through the resulting public inquiry and appeals process it isn't likely to be available for 3 or 4 years, maybe longer so probably makes sense to revamp SP.

In the meantime given the state of the Arthur Wait stand I guess they will get some sort of safety ultimatum on sorting it out or having more severe restrictions placed on its use, so 'to do nothing' is not an option.

Plus given Palace's recent position in the league, modest gates and income (are they breaking even?) it is much more realistic to do a more limited phased upgrade of SP.

I note various posts on their forums suggest that even revamping SP will not be straightforward with Sainsburys and local housing hemming them in, plus something about the new-ish Holmesdale stand subsiding.......on the other hand it won't be a problem with the £50m they will get for Zaha and Clyne. I also like the post about them having to use the athletics stadium while SP is rebuilt. What wonderful irony.

Could all be hype of course just to keep their fans forum quiet and an attempt to generate some interest in the Club over the summer. Either way this will be a good test of CPFC2010's intentions.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I believe some of the money will be raised by local businesses building warehouses around the stadium and leaving one stand open for the 7000 fans. I have seen a mock up.

sp.JPG

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
But I thought Palace's owners were BILLIONAIRES? Surely the cash for a new stadium would be a mere drop in the ocean of their unimaginable wealth?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Their stadium will look a bit strange with a bail hostel at one end and Sainsbury's car park at the other.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the saga of them moving to an expensive new stadium at the National Sports Centre drifting and the likelyhood that NIMBYS would put a spanner in the works anyway - so by the time they have been through the resulting public inquiry and appeals process it isn't likely to be available for 3 or 4 years, maybe longer so probably makes sense to revamp SP.

In the meantime given the state of the Arthur Wait stand I guess they will get some sort of safety ultimatum on sorting it out or having more severe restrictions placed on its use, so 'to do nothing' is not an option.

Plus given Palace's recent position in the league, modest gates and income (are they breaking even?) it is much more realistic to do a more limited phased upgrade of SP.

I note various posts on their forums suggest that even revamping SP will not be straightforward with Sainsburys and local housing hemming them in, plus something about the new-ish Holmesdale stand subsiding.......on the other hand it won't be a problem with the £50m they will get for Zaha and Clyne. I also like the post about them having to use the athletics stadium while SP is rebuilt. What wonderful irony.

Could all be hype of course just to keep their fans forum quiet and an attempt to generate some interest in the Club over the summer. Either way this will be a good test of CPFC2010's intentions.

Breaking even? According to one of the billionaires they lose 10.5 million every 2 years. That's 100 k per week.

Oct 25, 2003
hang on i thought their owners were a collection of the richest men on the planet?

also VERY MUCH looking forward to the palace fans who were saying "you just wait until we get our new stadium, we'll be massive" to now say "oh...actually we didn't want it anyway, selhurst is much better....been saying that all along i have"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope, it'll still be utter crap. Proper modern stadiums need a much bigger footprint than Selhurst Park can provide. Anyone who remembers the old Stamford Bridge will tell you the plot was absolutely enormous, and even then they've only managed to build big enough stands to hold 42,000.

Very true dat. And now of course Chelsea want to move as 42k isnt big enough.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Apparantly a complete rebuild. Wonder if they'll flatten what's there entirely and groundshare with Crawley while the work is done?
If their attendances stay the same they could probably do the rebuilding during the season.

This is both a dig and a genuine point.

:moo:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
smelhurst revamp:ffsparr:

Attachments

• C_71_article_1422594_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg
    C_71_article_1422594_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 66

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I think they'll attempt to ground share with Charlton Athletic. Just a sort of RTF.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The down side with selhurst is getting to the ground which can be painful.

This can't have been a consideration anyway, surely? Getiing to the NSC site would have been worse if anything. Would have been carnage around Annerly Hill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here