Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Rivalry - that quote from the evening standard

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Someone's got it as their footnote. The one about rarely seen outside the balkanns. Could someone quote it here for me please?
Ta

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Someone's got it as their footnote. The one about rarely seen outside the balkanns. Could someone quote it here for me please?
Ta
too true:cry:

"For Palace fans, being beaten by Brighton at home is as bad as it gets. For reasons totally unfathomable to the rest of the football nation, the two sets of supporters detest each other with a passion rarely seen outside the Balkans.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't detest Palace,
And i can even write there name correctly.
Is it really that time again, seems like groundhog day.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
do you mean that you feel NO sense of rivalry with them ?

I have two very close friends that are passionate Palace fans, I love to see them lose, but like all rivalrys, I tend to know more about them than other teams as I take notice of results/signings etc.

REMF shows that lots of Brighton and Palace fans can have a healty rivalry and still enjoy a pint togteher after the game. However I did have to spend the night at one of said mates after the game with the scoreline that shall not be named, which was a test of friendship.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I hate Palace with an absolute passion, but have a very good mate who is Palace. His hatred of the Albion is on a par of my hatred of them. Doesn't stop us being mates though.
When they were in the playoffs a couple of years ago, I was in the pub, and he was with some other mates that I didn't know. He asked me if I was going to wish him luck (in the playoffs.) I looked at him, and said 'f*** off.' He laughed but his mates looked horrified :lolol::lolol:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
do you mean that you feel NO sense of rivalry with them ?

Rivalry yes, but hatred no, i rather they lose rather than win, certainly dont' get upset by there results, but do feel more dejected when beaten by them than other teams etc, but when you see comment like, "I can't bring myself to even say there name" etc and some of the venomous hatred i have seen on hear is baffling.

Recently there was a thread about a girlfriend supporting palace , So what !!FFS
But then i am able to detach my normal life away from football.

Guess i disliked them more when Rachicd Harkook (spelling ?) was playing for them.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Rivalry = Palace

Hatred = Man Utd - still want to stab Norman Whiteside for his ridiculously late challenge on Ramsay in the 83 cup final.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Rivalry yes, but hatred no, i rather they lose rather than win, certainly dont' get upset by there results, but do feel more dejected when beaten by them than other teams etc, but when you see comment like, "I can't bring myself to even say there name" etc and some of the venomous hatred i have seen on hear is baffling.

Recently there was a thread about a girlfriend supporting palace , So what !!FFS
But then i am able to detach my normal life away from football.

Guess i disliked them more when Rachicd Harkook (spelling ?) was playing for them.

is the correct answer!

I don't hate palace (even though i joke that i do), but it does make me happy to see them lose especially if we have also lost (which has happened alot this year!) as it cheers me up a little, knowing palace fans are annoyed. :yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here