Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace off

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Wow, you're a genius. Covering the pitch?

We are one of a few teams with a ground 40ft under street level. We also have a big stand that means the sun can't get to half of the pitch in the Winter due to it being so low. That is why it's called off.

We have a whole ground 400ft bellow the downs,with a big stand

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Here's hoping we'll be nine points clear of Palace come 16:48pm and that their fixtures continue to pile up :)

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think some should remember that this time last year, our game could be off. As much as I can't stand Palace, I am sure their fans don't want the match off.

Deep breath...........There I can do the voice of reason sometimes.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I think some should remember that this time last year, our game could be off. As much as I can't stand Palace, I am sure their fans don't want the match off.

Deep breath...........There I can do the voice of reason sometimes.

I don't think there will be many people denying we were in a Shit ground last year though.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

We are one of a few teams with a ground 40ft under street level. We also have a big stand that means the sun can't get to half of the pitch in the Winter due to it being so low. That is why it's called off.

Hahaha! That is a f***ing hilarious excuse! Nice one Nige! That poor old sun 93 million miles away can't reach the extra 40 feet down to Shithurst... priceless!!

:clap: Bolloxs! - the reason the game is called off is because your Club p*ssed away their Premiership monies on players rather than in infrastructure (such as under soil heating, ground improvements etc).

That's why your now bracketed with the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Brentford & Dagenham in the London area as clubs who cannot host their matches when it gets a bit nippy. The term "Tinpot" does not do Palace full justice - you are League One in everything but divisional standing. :lol::lol:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Peterborough chairman tweeted along similar lines:

DMAC102 Darragh MacAnthony
Lot of people asking about Undersoil heating, FYI its £700k for that & pitch on top of it, 3 games off in 4 years doesn’t make great financial Logic but as we establish ourselves at this level its on the wish list & we will push our landlords to look at it as it also affects economy

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
all good fun but in fairness Posh off and Barnsley off .......................not everyone invests as sensibly as BHAFC :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:ffsparr: 9 points to catch up :ffsparr:

Mr LBX

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Palace Fan
:clap: Bolloxs! - the reason the game is called off is because your Club p*ssed away their Premiership monies on players rather than in infrastructure (such as under soil heating, ground improvements etc).

That's why your now bracketed with the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Brentford & Dagenham in the London area as clubs who cannot host their matches when it gets a bit nippy. The term "Tinpot" does not do Palace full justice - you are League One in everything but divisional standing. :lol::lol:

Due to our Previous Owners, They never fully implemented Under soil Heating which was possible, they left the Ground to rot and never invested in it, which is why its in the state it is. I agree that in this day and age to have games called off Becuase of a dusting of snow is unacceptable, and just reiterates the importance of us Redeveloping Selhurst or Moving. And we are League One in everything But divisional standing? Your Past attendances were conference Level for the last 3 Decades, not to mention the Withdean. But you would know More about League One than us anyway wouldnt ya.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here