Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace not too welcome at their proposed new stadium.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I suppose local opposition to new football grounds is pretty much par for the course. I hope they manage to build it. I quite liked the designs I saw. I wouldn't wish our travails on anyone, even a close rival.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
An interesting post ?

"I was (accidently)at the Crystal Palace Park Conference today where anyone who was anyone was invited including all the big wigs (didn't see Steve "The Hair" Parish), and Giles Dolphin GLA Assistant Director of Planning, in talking about the future of the park, was pretty clear that he did not think it included CPFC describing CPFC2010's plans as a red herring and stating that they hadn't got the money. This was followed by Val Shawcross's presentation where she said " The footprint of CPFC in the park would be massively damaging and CPFC does not give us any prospects for the future".

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
With London now having a white Elephant/West Ham disUnited's new stadium there's no real use for the athletics stadium in any more. I'd be interested where Val Shawcross lives, The athletics stadium is in the London Borough of Bromley, Norwood is in the London Borough of Lambeth. Selhurst is the London Borough of Croydon. I wouldn't mind but Annerley, the area the stadium is in is most definitely NOT an area of outstanding beauty, far from it. As far as congestion is concerned that would be not much worse than it is now, there's few reasons to go there if you don't live there. Crystal Palace Station is pretty big and now is now on the London Overground so the connections into London are far better than before. It's no more difficult to get to that station than Selhurst from East Croydon or Clapham Junction either. It's true that the parking there isn't great but it's no better or worse than Selhurst or any other London club for that matter.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
cpground.jpg

We need this so so bad. But its never going to happen. :(

That is all.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
cpground.jpg

That is all.

Interesting design. I suspect it would look brilliant or terrible at close quarters, at ground level from the outside, depending on the way it's interpreted by the contractor and the budget available.

If you look hard enough you'll find threads on here that said Falmer would never happen. It certainly wasn't an easy process but the "impossible" happened in our case. Maybe it can for Palace too.

None of my business really but is the Selhurst site really beyond hope of transformation? It's there and it's yours, so most of the planning aggravation is already out of the way.

Oct 25, 2003
cpground.jpg

That is all.

is it definitely NOT going to happen?

shame, you need to get out of selhurst if you're going to progress at all...would love to have us both in the premiership in good stadiums, slogging it out with the big boys and each other

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hope the Palace exec doesn't come from the mentality that it won't happen. I believe when counsel first looked at falmer he advised mp something along the lines of it being 'ambitious'. If we can get a ground at Falmer with the right advisers CP should be able to get a ground at CP Park. The only problem being what Sport England would feel about it all as well as all the usual objections.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Interesting design. I suspect it would look brilliant or terrible at close quarters, at ground level from the outside, depending on the way it's interpreted by the contractor and the budget available.

If you look hard enough you'll find threads on here that said Falmer would never happen. It certainly wasn't an easy process but the "impossible" happened in our case. Maybe it can for Palace too.

None of my business really but is the Selhurst site really beyond hope of transformation? It's there and it's yours, so most of the planning aggravation is already out of the way.

My thoughts exactly, It'll either look cheap and tacky like one of those plastic expanding balls or real classy depends on the budget and the contractors.

I also think sticking with Sellhurst would be the best bet, Phase by Phase knock down the AW and the Main stand and replace them with newer single tier stands completing the lower bowl of the stadium. With the second tier on the holmsdale it'd look alot better, it'd be 30k odd which is about right, it'd be town centre and their natural home.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Who knows what the real plan is, and if the proposed ground would ever get planning permission - it seems the curse of the NIMBY is there as well. Maybe it's just a bargaining chip to get permission to redevelop Selhurst? The new ground designs look good, but at least Palace have the option to redevelop as well, and I suspect quite a lot could be done to Selhurst to bring it up to date.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
is it definitely NOT going to happen?

shame, you need to get out of selhurst if you're going to progress at all...would love to have us both in the premiership in good stadiums, slogging it out with the big boys and each other

To many locals against the move. Its not 100% off but it looks unlikely.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

You say that we own it but, we only own the stadium.

CrystalPalace-db10518.jpg

The bottom car Park on the left isn't owned by us, (Orange face sold it) and the top car park is owned by the supermarket.

Plus the issues with the houses surrounding it mean we cant build the stand any higher.

Jan 12, 2012
Unfortunately, the local residents hold all the aces. Every application submitted in the past for redevelopement has been turned down. They just want the white elephant, that is the athletic stadium, used twice a year and left to rot.
Bromley council pick up the tab for the upkeep of the stadium, over £1 mill a year, so they are eager to do something with it.
It is our ideal location for a new stadium, but i cant see it happening.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Btw the inside will look like Man City's stadium. (In terms of the tiers)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here