Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace not too welcome at their proposed new stadium.

Oct 25, 2003
Unfortunately, the local residents hold all the aces. Every application submitted in the past for redevelopement has been turned down. They just want the white elephant, that is the athletic stadium, used twice a year and left to rot.
Bromley council pick up the tab for the upkeep of the stadium, over £1 mill a year, so they are eager to do something with it.
It is our ideal location for a new stadium, but i cant see it happening.

there are a lot of small minded idiots out there, unfortunately

cpground.jpg

We need this so so bad. But its never going to happen. :(

That is all.

got to keep the faith...took us a while and at least you aren't sharing or nomadic

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You only have to look at that picture to realise its a pipe dream. Its a complete sketch with no technical grounding whatsoever. Illl be amazed if its anything other than St Marys part 10. Thats if it geys built at all. Laughable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going to spoil the love in.

HOPE you get royally dicked around for years!!!
:lolol:

Hopefully the get to move to their athletic stadium, as it is. Maybe with some extra white lines. And lets see how great their loyal support is after 14 years. Then they can have a stadium.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You only have to look at that picture to realise its a pipe dream. Its a complete sketch with no technical grounding whatsoever. Illl be amazed if its anything other than St Marys part 10. Thats if it geys built at all. Laughable.

I was thinking just the same - would be very surprised if there's any substance behind that in terms of a construction project design. Miles away from a planning application methinks

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hope they get it. Lovely looking stadium and much nearer to home. Would seriously consider getting a season ticket there if the prices were right.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Good transport etc.

.. that's not entirely true though is it ?

Hope you do move though. Interesting reading that forum, I've read it before though.

If Palace can bear it, really need to use the excuse of our stadium to prove the current attendances don't mean anything.

Nice to see someone has posted those pictures of the police at Selhurst the other night. Shame the police didn't take the Sussex approach and let everyone out at the same time.

Irrespective of those who thought otherwise - it worked. A bit of postering, a bit of swearing but nobody ended up in hospital that night. If you split fans into tribes, they act like it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I used to live virtually opposite crystal palace park and right from the beginning I thought the whole idea of putting a football stadium there wouldn't get off the ground - much better to develop smellhurst. Even though you can't go any higher than the existing stands you'd still end up with a capacity of c26k. Whatever happens all the best because i want to hate you for a long long time yet!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
lol - you never know nowadays!

True,there are for sure a few PALACE PLASTICS among us,you know....................mum dad i just don't get it,we live in Brighton now,and i cannot justify this following of Palace.....tell grandad and ma i now support the Seagulls.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Will need thinking out.

Just south of London, in a highly populated area, rush hour midweek ain't going to be straight forward. The same questions are going to be asked these days with any new ground that isn't on an old industrial estate.

Inevitably your attendance will explode when you get the new place.

Similiar challenge as ours.

The Amex has potentially made it more difficult for any new stadium. Apparently when new grounds are muted, ours in coming up more often in discussion. Brighton can get x percentage coming in by public transport - why can't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here