Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace losing 5-6 million again

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not joking for a sec, it does actually look quite bad for them doesn't it?

What a Wan-ish comment.If you have nothing to say then say nothing.

Don't like it? you could always piss off from here you pikey firebug.

images

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I don't normally get involved with Palace baiting. But being seriously it does not look good.

Certainly looks like they are happy to settle for 'mid table consolidation' and try to plug the losses. But the problem is, this seasons Championship is probably one of the most difficult for a while. As Poyet says at least 14 teams are capable of finishing in the top 6 and mounting a serious challenge, so my concern would be 'settling' for midtable is a very dodgy bet, as you could end up in a relegation dogfight.

While they do have some decent players, where are their goals coming from, and do they really have the depth in their squad, if they get a couple of injuries ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Palace have lived WELL beyond their means for years - lording it over us in the process and mocking the afflictions that we were left with after the '97 asset stripping.

I, personally, will enjoy watching them suffer for a bit. As long as it doesn't get too serious. I'd hate for them to fold.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I, personally, will enjoy watching them suffer for a bit. As long as it doesn't get too serious. I'd hate for them to fold.

Absolutely, despite their two administrations they don't seem to have suffered any particular footballing pain - relegation and a few years slumming it in the lower leagues would be character building for 'em!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Absolutely, despite their two administrations they don't seem to have suffered any particular footballing pain - relegation and a few years slumming it in the lower leagues would be character building for 'em!

You can't polish a turd.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think it is currently only bad in a footballing sense, not a financial one. I mean, I don't think it looks like they're close to another administration yet, but definitely looks like this coming season could be a struggle for them (though, sometimes when it looks bad is when you do your best in football).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe I'm being naive, but I think it is currently only bad in a footballing sense, not a financial one. I mean, I don't think it looks like they're close to another administration yet, but definitely looks like this coming season could be a struggle for them (though, sometimes when it looks bad is when you do your best in football).

The deals they are offering for tickets suggest a desperate need for fans to turn up and put some money into the club.

Also, the two are inextricably linked. If they - and it looks quite possible - went down this season (footballing), their attendances would go through the floor (financial).

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The problem is that giving tickets away is a great investment in the future by building the fanbase but it does very little for the right now.

A case of damned if you do and damned if you don't but if they are sensible (as they seem to be when they are not raising fans' expectations by lying to them) they will hold on for the next few years, hoping to stay in the Championship. The problem may come if they are under threat of relegation. Do you take the drop and the financial hit that results whilst hoping to recover, or do you splash cash you don't have to stay up and maintain revenues? They are seemingly in a very difficult situation.

What intrigues me (it certainly doesn't worry me although I think it should worry Palace fans) is the change in mood between May and now. It (CPFC2010's Board not the fans)has gone from optimism to talking about financial survival in the space of a very few months even though they have dumped some major talent. They have increased costs without noticeably enhancing the squad and from talking about major player investment they now openly cannot compete even at the lower level when it comes to transfer fees.

Tinpot Club Palace. Always have been.

All fur coat and no knickers - now the fur coat has gone missing. :D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem is that giving tickets away is a great investment in the future by building the fanbase but it does very little for the right now.

Only to an extent. Give tickets away FREE for too long and that's what people will come to expect. Free tickets, or near enough. Suddenly bump them back up to £25 quid odd? No thanks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps its a massive wind up from their board to lower agents expectations. :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Perhaps its a massive wind up from their board to lower agents expectations. :lolol:

hope they have more luck convincing agents than that Seaside twat.
Believes every positive utterance from CP2010 and ignores every negative when they finally start to tell the truth. The ultimate deluded fan :lol:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Only to an extent. Give tickets away FREE for too long and that's what people will come to expect. Free tickets, or near enough. Suddenly bump them back up to £25 quid odd? No thanks.

Exactly they gambling on the freebies coming back at full price but its not working.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Exactly they gambling on the freebies coming back at full price but its not working.

And it wont because the stadium is depressing and rotting and the football is dire. We are now living in an age where most people want value for their money.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
And it wont because the stadium is depressing and rotting and the football is dire. We are now living in an age where most people want value for their money.

I know you are all concerned (piss taking)but save it.
Honestly we are fine ,but thanks for the concerning 2 thread Palace love in.
Seriously we will be bottom half, but very hard to beat especially at home .Of course it would be nice to be spending cash we don't have but that's not how to run a football club.
It's far better to cut your cloth pick up freebies and bring some kids through,we will never win the Premier division and neither will you so stop dreaming fellas.
If you get to the prem you will love it but I can't see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here