Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace losing 5-6 million again

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
even when we went to Selhurst last year it was clear to anyone at the ground that the figure given as the attendance was nowhere near the total inside the ground.
Exactly. I remember looking round thinking 'what?'. Palace fans will believe anything, they're like the public in North Korea.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
[MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] outside Selhurst earlier this evening.

Comical-Ali.jpg

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
What planet are you on? You are giving kids season tickets away, you have run several Groupon deals, you often do kids for a quid, you are giving TWO tickets away with every one purchased on what should be one of the most demanded fixtures of the season.

Utterly delusional.
Not forgetting adults can use the free kids tickets for evening games.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ooops sorry I also forgot to include the free ticket for topping up your mobile phone.

Now I am all for some inventive ways for bringing new people in, but it comes to a point where it all becomes a bit pound shop. The Palace brand has been devalued, and any casual fan will just wait for an offer and come for free. Why would you bother paying with every other game being on some sort of deal?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ooops sorry I also forgot to unclude the free ticket for topping up your mobile phone.

Now I am all for some inventive ways for bringing new people in, but it comes to a point where it all becomes a bit pound shop. The Palace brand has been devalued, and any casual fan will just wait for an offer and come for free. Why would you bother paying with every other game being on some sort of deal?

Maybe he's trying to tell us that despite all of the free ticket offers they still can't give them away because they are in such decline?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I love the signature of one of the idiots on bbs-I think Eagle's Penis or whatever his name is might be in for a bit of a wake up call over the coming months.

Nothing better than seeing the looters desperately trying to make themselves feel better with shit like this:

The Amex Care in the Community Stadium

Now caring for ageing, past their best and injury prone Spanish players and forgotten Premier League players over 30

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I love this post today.
Their chairman has had some more posters printed for South London walls and shown it with a message on the BBS and this is a message to him from one fan.

Today, 07:06 AM
west eagle
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
I hope that it cheers us all up after reading all the doom and gloom on the BBS recently

I'd rather keep Wilf and Joniesta than sign any other players in the Championship. I have a feeling that they are going to entertain us enormously this season. Remember that we missed Jonny (and Mile) massively at the end of last season. Ward is a great replacement for Clyne and so is Martin for Gardner. Wilbraham brings great experience up front.

As Steve P said in his radio interview, the owners have given Dougie a significantly increased budget this season (from our own pockets) but he is not the kind of manager to rush out and buy a famous name player just because the fans on the message boards are bored. Keep the faith!

You seem to forget your not the only one sticking your hand in your pocket, maybe next season I'll keep my cash in my pocket and you can cover that aswell as it's so insignificant

Here is the whole thread.

See The Stars of Tomorrow Today - CPFC BBS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love the fact those stupid twats have taken a photo of a stand that was SHUT for the Chelsea game in the 43rd minute and said 'SELL OUT WAS IT?!'

Maybe they should concentrate on filling their own ground and making money, rather than making stupid comments towards us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I am all for some inventive ways for bringing new people in
I've no problem with that either, I just take issue with Seaside claiming they have average attendances when the true figures put them about 20th.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I love the fact those stupid twats have taken a photo of a stand that was SHUT for the Chelsea game in the 43rd minute and said 'SELL OUT WAS IT?!'

Maybe they should concentrate on filling their own ground and making money, rather than making stupid comments towards us.

That was always going to happen. Desperate days for the looters, trying to turn our stadium expansion into something they understand-lots of empty seats.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I love this post today.
Their chairman has had some more posters printed for South London walls and shown it with a message on the BBS and this is a message to him from one fan.

Today, 07:06 AM
west eagle
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
I hope that it cheers us all up after reading all the doom and gloom on the BBS recently

I'd rather keep Wilf and Joniesta than sign any other players in the Championship. I have a feeling that they are going to entertain us enormously this season. Remember that we missed Jonny (and Mile) massively at the end of last season. Ward is a great replacement for Clyne and so is Martin for Gardner. Wilbraham brings great experience up front.

As Steve P said in his radio interview, the owners have given Dougie a significantly increased budget this season (from our own pockets) but he is not the kind of manager to rush out and buy a famous name player just because the fans on the message boards are bored. Keep the faith!

You seem to forget your not the only one sticking your hand in your pocket, maybe next season I'll keep my cash in my pocket and you can cover that aswell as it's so insignificant

Here is the whole thread.

See The Stars of Tomorrow Today - CPFC BBS

Their owners are so f***ing tinpot its untrue. So their fans start moaning on the bbs about the obvious lack of investment and replacement of key players, and their response is to say its ok because theyve designed a poxy poster with kids on even their own fans dont recognise. The gift is still giving.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They are now supplying us with endless laughs, long may it continue.

And we haven't even got to the stage of their season ticket sales drive where they stick A4 sized posters on lamp-posts throughout Croydon begging for people to buy.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Always nice to have one of the clubs owners call you a doom and gloom merchant if you have concerns about how the Club is being run.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

You are surely joking? Some SIMPLETON did that? :laugh: :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here