Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace losing 5-6 million again

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hmmm...

They certain are Bwian:

Do us a favour Seaside, f*** off. The worst thing about you is you can't even hear how you sound, blindly spouting your bullshit propaganda from The People's Republic of Selhurst. The sweet taste of denial is absolutely f***ing delicious, I won't deny, but you are without a shadow of a doubt the most boring Palace poster in the history of NSC. Even more than GlennMurray. And that's saying something, because baiting him was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bit of an 'ooops' moment for the serial bullshitter from Selhurst.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've just read through that thread, depressing times at Selhurst Park.

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Manure are 400 million indebt and selling 10% of the club to raise money to buy players.
I think Man u make a decent profit. The 'debt' is simply what the club owe the owners, it's not really debt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As you know, he hasn't signed. A fee was agreed, Leeds backed out of the deal at the last minute.
But you assured us he'd be a Palace player :shrug:

:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fire-sale?

Last time I checked, we had only sold two substitutes.
So letting Clyne go was just getting rid of a substitute. Do you watch your team?
You'd be absolutely right if you had actually filled the Withdean. I think I am right in saying that you only filled it in your promotion season?
No, you're not right. It was filled a lot of times.
Our attendances are completely average for this division. We get what you would expect a championship club to get.
No they're not, you've convinced yourself you get 15k each week, but Palace include the tickets they've given away in their attendance figures.

Courtesy of brighton rock:
There is nothing in this rumour. The only thing stopping the Palace deal happening is that Leeds haven't yet signed Luke Varney from Pompey. McCormack has agreed terms with Palace, a fee has been agreed with Leeds, but they are waiting for Varney to come in (expected to be very soon).

Ross is an Eagle :)
:lolol:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Firstly, we aren't losing 5-6 million a year, as that excludes outstanding circumstances such as our cup run and the selling of players like Clyne, Scannell etc.

Yes, losing money isn't great. Yes, I wish we had 25k turning up every week. Yes, I'm a tad concerned about the coming season. But the majority of clubs are in a very similar position to us. What I like is that we're being proactive about it, and not burying our head in the sand as we have done. Ward having a higher wage fee than Clyne isn't a huge surprise, as Clyne was on a pretty low contract, albeit he was offered ne which Parish claimed would have made him the highest payed Championship player. Ambrose and Gardener would have been on big wages, and they've now gone.

But we've been in much, much worse before and we'll survive, as we always do. We've got some great players in our side, and if we keep our players fit and get a bit of luck I still think we can challenge at the right end of the league.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hmmm...

They certain are Bwian:

Do us a favour Seaside, f*** off. The worst thing about you is you can't even hear how you sound, blindly spouting your bullshit propaganda from The People's Republic of Selhurst. The sweet taste of denial is absolutely f***ing delicious, I won't deny, but you are without a shadow of a doubt the most boring Palace poster in the history of NSC. Even more than GlennMurray. And that's saying something, because baiting him was like shooting fish in a barrel.

McCormack had agreed terms with us. A fee had been agreed with Leeds. McCormack should have been an Eagle. Leeds changed their minds.

???

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So letting Clyne go was just getting rid of a substitute. Do you watch your team?
No, you're not right. It was filled a lot of times.
No they're not, you've convinced yourself you get 15k each week, but Palace include the tickets they've given away in their attendance figures.

Courtesy of brighton rock:
:lolol:

We didn't sell Clyne. He was out of contract. There was nothing we could do about his departure. He was ready for the top flight, and took his opportunity.

A lot of times you didn't sell out the Withdean. Pretty damning, but whatever.

Palace's attendances ARE average for this division. We don't give many tickets away, I have no idea where you got that from.

As I said before, that post was correct at the time. A fee had been agreed, but Leeds changed their minds when we thought the whole deal was done and dusted. Nothing we could do about it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I am pretty sure that the Seaside on here could very well be Seaside Eagle on BBS. Very similar posting styles.
He is mate...reading their board there is a lot of doom and gloom on there...I remember Seaside saying that Ross Mc
Cormack was a done deal and he was at Selhurst having a medical that evening....Goebbels would have been proud of the Palace propaganda

Where are you Seaside ?? It's all gone quiet over there!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I think Man u make a decent profit. The 'debt' is simply what the club owe the owners, it's not really debt.

The same is true with Palace. We owe no money to anyone, except to CPFC2010.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He is mate...reading their board there is a lot of doom and gloom on there...I remember Seaside saying that Ross Mc
Cormack was a done deal and he was at Selhurst having a medical that evening....Goebbels would have been proud of the Palace propaganda

Where are you Seaside ?? It's all gone quiet over there!

I said no such thing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We didn't sell Clyne. He was out of contract. There was nothing we could do about his departure. He was ready for the top flight, and took his opportunity.
You were trying to agree a fee, but I take your point, it was time for him to move on and you couldn't stop him.

A lot of times you didn't sell out the Withdean. Pretty damning
Seriously, it was the complete opposite of damning. I can't believe so many of us went, it was an awful, awful place, and we were struggling with money with no hope to compete even at Championship level.

Palace's attendances ARE average for this division.
No they're not, your attendances (that's the number of people that attend, not the number of tickets shifted) would be around 19/20th.
We don't give many tickets away, I have no idea where you got that from.
Through the season people posted links to your site with the odd offer of buy one, get one free etc. Kids free in the week I think?

As I said before, that post was correct at the time. A fee had been agreed, but Leeds changed their minds when we thought the whole deal was done and dusted. Nothing we could do about it.
But that's what we said to you at the time, it's not done until it's done. And as pointed out in previous pages, if he wanted to be with Palace and his heart was no longer with Leeds, they wouldn't hang onto him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The same is true with Palace. We owe no money to anyone, except to CPFC2010.

Interesting set of morals you lot have. Still, a football club representing a town that destroys itself, loots and destroys local small businesses will have no qualms about walking away from Millions of pounds of debt and then tell its rivals "We owe no money to anyone".

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
. We don't give many tickets away, I have no idea where you got that from.

What planet are you on? You are giving kids season tickets away, you have run several Groupon deals, you often do kids for a quid, you are giving TWO tickets away with every one purchased on what should be one of the most demanded fixtures of the season.

Utterly delusional.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Palace's attendances ARE average for this division. We don't give many tickets away, I have no idea where you got that from.

f***ing hilarious-even with Groupon you couldn't even GIVE tickets away. It's gone from BOGOF to BOGTF and still you can't attract your fickle fans back.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What planet are you on? You are giving kids season tickets away, you have run several Groupon deals, you often do kids for a quid, you are giving TWO tickets away with every one purchased on what should be one of the most demanded fixtures of the season.

Utterly delusional.

It's a bit like kicking a lame puppy now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But we've been in much, much worse before and we'll survive, as we always do. .

Interesting, exactly how many people have you screwed over each time you survived? Very honourable.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

From the repeated offers, deals with the season tickets and the fact that even when we went to Selhurst last year it was clear to anyone at the ground that the figure given as the attendance was nowhere near the total inside the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here