Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace losing 5-6 million again

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our wage bill will be nowhere near the bigger clubs in this division, in fact probably comparable to Palace if not less with so many of our div 1 squad still here, but our gates will be in the top five. Out matchday earning potential is probably number one. As a result we have all the tools to fix the gap if managed well . We need to let four or five of the squad move on too to sort wages. Harleys 8k a week for example, although finding a buyer to cover that weekly wage is another thing altogether.

Agree with a lot of what you say. Our gates will be good, but you are ignoring the impact of parachute payments of £18 million for four clubs in our division this year, and £9 million for another half dozen.

Matchday revenues are only about 43% of total income for clubs in our division (and even lower in the Prem).

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Our wage bill will be nowhere near the bigger clubs in this division, in fact probably comparable to Palace if not less with so many of our div 1 squad still here, but our gates will be in the top five. Out matchday earning potential is probably number one. As a result we have all the tools to fix the gap if managed well . We need to let four or five of the squad move on too to sort wages. Harleys 8k a week for example, although finding a buyer to cover that weekly wage is another thing altogether.

Sorry but how much do you think Vicente, Mackail Smith,Bruno,Croft,Buckley and Bridge are on? If Harley a squad player is on £8,000 Your wage bill will have increased significantly this year as will your income but I still think you will lose at least 4 million this year if you lost 8 last year.Ground improvements this year and undisclosed transfer fees wages etc.Tony will not keep funding this without success on the pitch.If you are outside the prem you lose money simple.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry but how much do you think Vicente, Mackail Smith,Bruno,Croft,Buckley and Bridge are on? If Harley a squad player is on £8,000 Your wage bill will have increased significantly this year as will your income but I still think you will lose at least 4 million this year if you lost 8 last year.Ground improvements this year and undisclosed transfer fees wages etc.Tony will not keep funding this without success on the pitch.If you are outside the prem you lose money simple.

We lost £7.5 million in our final season at Withdean. I would have expected income to have at least trebled since then (it was £7 million that season) from matchday sources and the increased TV revenues plus sponsorship/corporate will take that to about £25 million. Our wage bill was also £7 million in the final Withdean season, that will have increased significantly I agree at the Amex, but even if if doubles then potentially we should be close to breaking even, ignoring the loss on transfer fees in the season.

The same thing could happen at Smellhurst , for instance what happens if the Arthur Wank stand is condemned under health & safety issues and the capacity is reduced to 16,000 until remedial works are carried out ?

3,000 empty seats on match days.:whistle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's not my understanding. When DK acquired 49% of the Albion in 1997, Archer also had 49%. Both men agreed to put in £1.4 million to finance the Albion's losses whilst at Gillingham. DK then persuaded Archer in 2002 to accept half of this sum and sever his links with the club, to which Archer agreed.

DK then had to raise the money from the likes of Norman Cook, the owner of Hove Car Wash, the proceeds of the Cup Final and other local businessmen.

Those NSC'ers who criticise DK for the work he has done on behalf of the club need their bumps felt IMO. He may be a guilty of talking the hind leg off a donkey, but his plusses far outweigh his minuses.

So Ernest's insuation of what happened to the Cup Final money is wide of the mark ? I couldn't believe that Dick would squander all the money on his luxury villa in Spain :ohmy::eek::)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So Ernest's insuation of what happened to the Cup Final money is wide of the mark ? I couldn't believe that Dick would squander all the money on his luxury villa in Spain :ohmy::eek::)

I believe that the problem was related to DK insisting on the swimming pool at the villa being built in the shape of Eva Herzagovina's Wonderbra, and it took a few more bricks than originally envisaged, with a resultant increase in costs, so that's why the cup final money mysteriously disappeared.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
3,000 empty seats on match days.:whistle:

Wednesday fans aren't very happy with only a 2,000 allocation for their game at Smellhurst on September 1st. It will be interesting to see if we get charged the same for tickets (£26) or given the same number.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Harley is a poor example to use for the wages of a "squad player." He had a three and half year deal at Swansea so obviously wouldn't come for a pittance. I'd imagine Vincelot (for example) would be significantly less. And Bridge is obviously massively subsidised by City.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Always nice to have one of the clubs owners call you a doom and gloom merchant if you have concerns about how the Club is being run.
Not surprising after they heard this on the HOL radio show.
"SP – Funds are tight (reply to what Dougie saying) we agreed to raise wage bill by roughly £40k a week, with bonuses we have about £2.5m wage bill atm. Club, training ground & wages etc, £5.5-£6m loss, some of transfer money has to reduce that deficit slightly, never gonna raise that in a year from transfer fees. Not possible. So whilst the owners are happy to put in an amount of money it has to be sustainable to be done every year"
Then having the gall to mock a concerned fan.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Wednesday fans aren't very happy with only a 2,000 allocation for their game at Smellhurst on September 1st. It will be interesting to see if we get charged the same for tickets (£26) or given the same number.

Tough sh-te really.Unfortunatly the Met dictate how many away tickets we can sell.
Before anyone on here try's to blame CPFC 2010 we need all the money we can get and it's not their call.
They be the facts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spotted this earlier , 10 worst grounds , I wonder which ground is number 1 ? : NewsNow: Loading story...

Good spot. This is a tremendously accurate quote from the Sunderland fan:

Selhurst Park. A place that I hope I will never, ever have to visit again. Impossible to find, almost as antiquated as Fratton Park with stands that offer a miserable view, while having to listen to the most pretentious bunch of supporters in the whole wide world. The kind of place where Newcastle should be made to play all their away games.

:clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steve Browett speaking on the palace forum;

It really is quite depressing reading the BBS in the close season. I'm back from holiday today but fortunately i have far more faith in Dougie and our squad of players than some on here.

Maybe the Moaners on the BBS who hate how we run the club should start their own thread "Questions to the BBS Moaners" and we could all ask them questions about how they would run the club better than we do whilst breaking even in the process. It would be great to know what the magic formula is that we have failed to find.

Are the cracks beginning to appear?

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Good spot. This is a tremendously accurate quote from the Sunderland fan:

Selhurst Park. A place that I hope I will never, ever have to visit again. Impossible to find, almost as antiquated as Fratton Park with stands that offer a miserable view, while having to listen to the most pretentious bunch of supporters in the whole wide world. The kind of place where Newcastle should be made to play all their away games.

:clap:

Impossible to find,with three train stations nearby all within walking distance surely it is one of the easiest.
I won't bother arguing about the pretentious bit with you lot though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Impossible to find,with three train stations nearby all within walking distance surely it is one of the easiest.

Good, you know where the door is.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It did occur to me that Sunderland fans must be particularly dim witted not to be able to find Selhurst from any one of the stations, to be fair to you.

Me, I just walk out of the station, turn left, and follow the smell.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here