Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace - just had a very interesting conversation

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The responses on BBS are hilarious it seems that they are so infused with hate that they are missing the point completely and would rather stumble blindly into administration again just to spite us for posting the comments.
Brilliant stuff.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Quote from CPFC2010 on the BBS...

"Breaking news from the pub in Exeter.........

A load of old bollocks.

My word this bloke has a vivid imagination.

We are not financially solvent and we wont be in this division if we want to compete.The only thing that keep us afloat is CPFC2010's money.

We will get a new stadium, or a very revamped one , maybe to with us at the helm but I will have certainly moved it forward to a point where it could happen. There isn't a day that goes by where someone somewhere isn't working on this aim. If I could show you what I have so far you would be very excited but I don't want to get carried away until I know whats really possible in reality.

Of course we want a bigger fan base, Premier League and New stadia are the only real way to do it, until then we continue to do our best. Am I disappointed that more don't come yes and we work tirelessly to drive income and fans for this club. I know how we play affects that but I also know winning is

Brighton can attract better players...Gus is gold dust , WHAT !! is this bloke taking crack? Gus is a good manager so is Dougie, their budget is no bigger would be an interesting one if we were in for the same player but ...

Glen Murray has setled in fine and the one point he's right on is that we are 100% committed to Dougie being a success.

Last edited:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Would not wish the Dick Knight approach on anyone,when the cash ran out he stayed put and almost landed us in Div2,the Bloom era has changed everything for us.

Jan 31, 2012
Just spoke to a close friend of one of the Palace owners.

Interesting conversation, key points:

For next few years the club's only ambition is not for results on the pitch but to become financially solvent.

New ground plans will never happen. Totally resigned to making the best of Selhurst (but realising that is a very difficult job).

Keeping transfer fees and wages under tight control.

Trying to attract a larger fanbase. Hugely disappointed by last season's attendances. Worried that Crawley, Brighton and Charlton are a more attractive proposition for the next generation of fans, plus the general trend of new kids supporting Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Know that they are now a long way behind the likes of Brighton in terms of their ability to attract players due to wage structure, ground, area and manager!! (In their words, Gus is gold dust on this front)

And finally, the board have been disappointed with the signing of Murray as he has not settled well with his team mates and Doogie is struggling to manage that. But will stick with Doogie as he is good at bringing young players through which is the cheap and preferred option.

You're having a giraffe. Utter bollox as usual

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Was it Parish or the fat one that replied Seaside?

After all, if it was Parish, you know to take it with a very large pinch of salt.

"The fat one"? Steve Browett said it but he isn't particularly fat.

A load of old bollocks.

We are not financially solvent and we wont be in this division if we want to compete.The only thing that keep us afloat is CPFC2010's money.

We will get a new stadium, or a very revamped one , maybe to with us at the helm but I will have certainly moved it forward to a point where it could happen. There isn't a day that goes by where someone somewhere isn't working on this aim. If I could show you what I have so far you would be very excited but I don't want to get carried away until I know whats really possible in reality.

Of course we want a bigger fan base, Premier League and New stadia are the only real way to do it, until then we continue to do our best. Am I disappointed that more don't come yes and we work tirelessly to drive income and fans for this club. I know how we play affects that but I also know winning is

Brighton can attract better players...Gus is gold dust , WHAT !! is this bloke taking crack? Gus is a good manager so is Dougie, their budget is no bigger would be an interesting one if we were in for the same player but ...

Glen Murray has setled in fine and the one point he's right on is that we are 100% committed to Dougie being a success.

Don't you ever get full up ? - eating all that bullshit they keep feeding you.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Very pleased to see the club being run properly at last, you can only spend what you have and if that means loan players and players sold to balance the books then so be it
I don't want to go through the pain of administration again

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Would not wish the Dick Knight approach on anyone,when the cash ran out he stayed put and almost landed us in Div2,the Bloom era has changed everything for us.
What a daft post...if it was'nt for DK you would'nt have a club to watch,he took us as far as his money allowed and always said he would step aside when a money man came in,but if DK had not got control of the club then Messrs Archer and Bellotti and Stanley would have destroyed the club....please learn your club history.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

A load of old bollocks.

Just wasted ten minutes of my life reading their forum on this thread.

And what really makes me laugh is the way that the owner (or one of them I assume?) comes on and actually doesn't detract from anything I posted.

He has said in it that they may develop Selhurst (a new stadium OR A REVAMPED ONE).

How does he know what our player budget is? Just cos we let them have Murray? He wasn't worth paying for so that proves nothing.

Doogie is not gold dust, Gus is. He agrees they are disappointed with their attendances. Denies Murray is unsettling the team (no surprise there, what else is he going to say!).

So in short his post means nothing, and yet the Palace simpletons go, oh there you go then!

I trust the guy I spoke to very much. I don't actually care that much though. It sounds to me that the owners are running the club very sensibly, but got hoodwinked into signing Murray based on four months good form, they respect their manager, and are trying to do all they can to reverse what is a club in decline. My comparison to Dick Knight's reign is I think completely fair as they need to stabilise before they can push on. And I believe he has confirmed that.

Not much else to say on this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Time for a bounce I think. Doogie going surely shows that all is not well on the financial side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here