Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace GIVE AWAY season tickets

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
(not sure if already covered?)

I see Palace are giving away tickets to under 10s.

And apparently the child ticket can be used by an ADULT for midweek games.

One way to avoid embarrassing sub-10k gates on Tuesday nights, I guess.

Desperate times.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Under 10s season ticket (for the family stand) at the Amex is just £50, which is pretty much giving it away.

I don't understand the obsession with Palace and what they are doing/not doing, or who they are selling for X amount of money.

Rivals yes, but FFS concentrate more on what your own club is doing...

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Under 10s season ticket (for the family stand) at the Amex is just £50, which is pretty much giving it away.

I don't understand the obsession with Palace and what they are doing/not doing, or who they are selling for X amount of money.

Lol why don't you concentrate less on what others are doing

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Even if they are giving them away, they'll still need an adult to go with them and as most in Croydon either don't know their parents or have absolved themselves of responsibility of their kids, I doubt it would have much of an impact...

Good idea though but not suited to a demographic that burns their own town.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But adults can't use those for free midweek. It's nothing like the same.
I'm surprised you don't understand, it's fun laughing at Palace after they've tried to lord it for so long.
We're not running BHA, so we don't need to concentrate.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Naive

Great idea by a club already struggling to sell season tickets.

I'm fairly sure we would do the same if in their position.

They are still wankers though, this needs to be reiterated.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
(not sure if already covered?)

I see Palace are giving away tickets to under 10s.

And apparently the child ticket can be used by an ADULT for midweek games.

One way to avoid embarrassing sub-10k gates on Tuesday nights, I guess.

Desperate times.
The big problem for Palace is that they play in an absolute shithole whilst all around them have moved on. Millwall - new(ish) ground, Charlton - completely redeveloped the Valley, BHA - enough said, Chelsea - rebuilt stadium, West Ham - Olympic stadium (not ideal but better than Selhurst). Even Fulham are rebuilding, but in any case are set in one of the most attractive parts of London.

Until they move into a stadium fit for the 21st century, they are always going to need creative ideas to pull in the crowds and at a bare minimum they are five years away from doing that and therefore being able to move forward. The only way they can keep up in the meantime is by draining the resources of a wealthy benefactor, and we all know the risks involved there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I might get one.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
good idea in times of hardship and generous of the club . (better than paying £30 to see a friendly)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Palace actually advertised this offer heavily around south east london which would have cost them a fair whack. And sales have not increased at all year on year. Oops.

I do like the idea of letting an adult use the u10 ticket midweek though. Would make sure that seats arent wasted.

Palace actually advertised this offer heavily around south east london which would have cost them a fair whack. And sales have not increased at all year on year. Oops.

I do like the idea of letting an adult use the u10 ticket midweek though. Would make sure that seats arent wasted.

Posted last week on BBS by their Joint Chairman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
8250 sold so far which is 750 short of last season's total - but still 6 weeks to go till the start of the season. Although we "sold" 9000 last season we didn't receive any income from 2000 of those as they were long-term Jordan deals.

:D

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I saw a palace scarf that had been left folded up and left at the bus stop by one of the roundabouts at Gatwick today, dont know why but made me chuckle this morning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here