Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans view on our success and future.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Ha ha they do make me laugh, i'm glad they got there past memories to hang on too, and as for there four rich owners which don't seem to want to fund there propose stadium. the future is really looking bleak for them.

palace.gif

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I work with a Palace supporter (he's alright, he's actually literate for starters), and he's bored to death of it this season. The football is dire and defensive, and other than the League Cup, they've had absolutely naff-all to play for since Christmas. Murray is the disinterested, lethargic layabout I warned him he could turn into, and barely gets off the bench these days - he desperately wants rid of him in the summer "you lot can have him back tomorrow for free".

He was seriously struggling to muster the enthusiasm to go to the Ipswich game when we last spoke on Friday. Dunno if he bothered in the end, I doubt he did. I'll get a ribbing for the Wet Sham result obviously, but whilst most weeks I've been bouncing over our results and performances, he's been very down in the dumps and disillusioned.

Shame.

The funny thing is, this season has been their best for a little while so they should be delighted they've avoided relegation with time to spare. But yet they're all bored of watching them play and criticise Freedman's tactics (despite bbing outraged a few months ago that Poyet beat him to manager of the year) and booed at the end of the game on Saturday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Question: would they swap positions with us right now?

Answer: of course they would.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah this happened to me a while back. I think it's because they are soppy whiny little Nigels. Their BBS attititude is as typical of them as their decision not to give us more than 2,600 tickets for Selhurst just because we only gave them a similar amount.

Agreed, yet alarmingly there are people on NSC who want this board to be more like theirs. Imitation....flattery etc, I think it is bonkers.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Read the #cpfc page on Twitter and they all complain at how pathetic the BBS is and how it's full of absolute twats

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Did you not go to the game in September? Williams ran the game.

I can't argue that Williams actually looks a real talent, and Clyne is going to be a decent Premership player. Still can't see it with Zaha though.

Out of interest - Who are the highest playing Brighton youth products at the moment? Gareth Barry technically but someone who was around for a good few years and played 1st team football with us - Hammond and Harding I guess?

Oct 25, 2003
of course our youth system has struggled in the past several years.........it's been run out of a portakabin with basically no funds to invest in it

if/when we build our academy i expect this to change....oddly we've already seen some good players come through despite this (dunk, jfc and hall)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How is that poster able to prophesis that Palace are viable? Didn't their brown nosing chairman recently tweet that they were losing thousands every game and wages were 89% of turnover?

Bit of a risk to plug the gap with selling a youth teamer. What happens if they have a barren crop for a couple of years?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
of course our youth system has struggled in the past several years.........it's been run out of a portakabin with basically no funds to invest in it

if/when we build our academy i expect this to change....oddly we've already seen some good players come through despite this (dunk, jfc and hall)

I agree with this. As much I love the fact, we're extending the Amex. The Training Ground and the Academy at Marsh Barn Lane, is the number one priority for me. Because with this we can get future young stars all over Sussex and the country. With it we could become a top ten Premiership team in the future. But first we've got to get permission for this to become a reality.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Their acadamy is better than ours but we all know why, We are building a state of the art acadamy soon and will move on from there it will take time to start producing the players which is exactly why Bloom is funding us now, He always said it isn't how he wants the club to be run but in the mean time that's the way it has to be.

As I said their acadamy is good but even Saints down the road have produced better players, Crouch, Walcott, Bridge, Bale, Baird, Surman, Oxo Cube, Best, Davies, McDonald, Sparv, Thomson, Llanalalalalala, Le tis, Shearer, Blackstock. Most if not all play or have played in the Prem and for their countries in major tournaments.

I think they make a big deal out of it as it's really all they have as a club left to be proud of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here