Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans view on our success and future.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Just having a cheeky read on the Palarse forum. None of them think that we'll over take them in 3/4 years time as the "bigger" club, and they think that this season has been a "lucky" one, and that next season we'll be fighting relegation...some of them actually think we'll be back in League 1 after next season...

I know the place is a shit hole, but surely their IQ cannot be that bad? ???

Are Brighton moving above us??? - CPFC BBS

Just having a cheeky read on the Palarse forum. None of them think that we'll over take them in 3/4 years time as the "bigger" club, and they think that this season has been a "lucky" one, and that next season we'll be fighting relegation...some of them actually think we'll be back in League 1 after next season...

Yes, yes it can.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Their opinion is as valid as anyone's at the moment. Who know what might happen. Remember what happened the season after we lost the 1991 play-off final?

I know we seem to be in much better position that the bad old days, but football is indeed a funny old game.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

I would argue we've already achieved the bit in bold.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thread title "Are Brighton moving above us" is a tad confusing. When was the last time any of them looked at the Championship table?

I love it that for the past however many years, the only thing that mattered was the relative league positions, and not any kind of history. All of a sudden, the league positions are deemed to be irrelevant, and it's all about recent history for them
:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They don't like it when Brighton fans try to discuss the issue, do they? Poor old Reading Seagull now limited to the Away End only because he tried to give an honest opinion. At least Nsc allows them freedom to post on any of our threads until they become abusive. The truth hurts Palace.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We came 7th a few seasons ago and then had relegation battles for two years, so who knows what will happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, other than your wanky plastic fanbase and wonky plastic stadium how are you ahead of us??

Similar squads, you are higher but we got 4 points off you.

Our business model is viable, we are financially secure, we own our stadium for the first time in years, we are debt free with 4 great owners with both wealth and acumen to not throw cash on expensive dross, but to invest in young promising players and our highly acclaimed youth academy. We have a legend in charge who loves CPFC.

Unbelievably, this was NOT a wind up.

Palace idiots wouldn't know irony if if smacked them in the face.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Unbelievably, this was NOT a wind up.

Palace idiots wouldn't know irony if if smacked them in the face.

They DO have one of the better academies in the country, so they will presumably continue to produce talented young players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They don't like it when Brighton fans try to discuss the issue, do they? Poor old Reading Seagull now limited to the Away End only because he tried to give an honest opinion. At least Nsc allows them freedom to post on any of our threads until they become abusive. The truth hurts Palace.
Yeah this happened to me a while back. I think it's because they are soppy whiny little Nigels. Their BBS attititude is as typical of them as their decision not to give us more than 2,600 tickets for Selhurst just because we only gave them a similar amount.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Next season, Palace could well finish behind us (again), Millwall and Charlton. That really would be an absolute TREAT.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah this happened to me a while back. I think it's because they are soppy whiny little Nigels. Their BBS attititude is as typical of them as their decision not to give us more than 2,600 tickets for Selhurst just because we only gave them a similar amount.

Summed up beautifully Simster soppy whiny little Nigels

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They DO have one of the better academies in the country, so they will presumably continue to produce talented young players.

Well, they do bang on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their youth academy and this mythical production line of world superstars it produces. They already have Zaha pegged as the new Messi, and are fully expecting a minumum of £10m for him. Williams and Clyne are not just a couple of useful youngsters, oh no. They are Premier League superstars in the making.

We recently had all this about Bostock (Spurs reserve who now goes out on loan to 3rd division clubs) and Moses (erratic winger for Wigan).

Am I missing something ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At no stage this season have Palace looked like a side contending for the play-offs. On the other hand, we've spent most of this season in contention, and on the budget of a mid-table side.

Poyet is talking like a man on a mission for next season, and a man confident he'll be able to bring in the players that will make that difference, so what a season it promises to be.

Another 4,000 seats will boost the coffers and our spending power should increase too. We have 6-7 1st XI and 9-10 decent squad players now proven at competing at this "play-off" level of the Championship.

For Palace, next season's as good as over if they sell Zaha.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well quite. The same academy that produced Clinton Morrison (Brentford), John Bostock (who knows, usually on loan to some third division team), Victor Moses (Barcelon....oh...my mistake...Wigan), that ginger bloke Ben something who sometimes gets into the relegation-threatened Wigan side if they have injuries, Wayne Routledge (8 clubs by the age of 26, fringe Swansea player), Julian Gray (unemployed, released by Walsall last summer), Tom Soares (Stoke reserves...I mean third division Sheffield Wednesday...ooops, apparently he's now at Hibs in the MTL).

It really is incredible.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I work with a Palace supporter (he's alright, he's actually literate for starters), and he's bored to death of it this season. The football is dire and defensive, and other than the League Cup, they've had absolutely naff-all to play for since Christmas. Murray is the disinterested, lethargic layabout I warned him he could turn into, and barely gets off the bench these days - he desperately wants rid of him in the summer "you lot can have him back tomorrow for free".

He was seriously struggling to muster the enthusiasm to go to the Ipswich game when we last spoke on Friday. Dunno if he bothered in the end, I doubt he did. I'll get a ribbing for the Wet Sham result obviously, but whilst most weeks I've been bouncing over our results and performances, he's been very down in the dumps and disillusioned.

Shame.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine what a world-beating team Palace would have if they'd been able to keep Morrison, Moses, Watson (I remembered), Bostock, Gray, Routledge and Soares together in the same side.

Breathtaking. They'd probably be....what....lower reaches of the Championship? What an Academy.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
For Palace, next season's as good as over if they sell Zaha.

If they can get a few million for him then unfortunately chances are they'll buy someone who actually has an end product unlike Zaha. And so will no doubt do much better without the show pony in the side

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here