Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace Enhance the Misery for the Visually Impaired

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Of course it's a positive initiative really and something our own visually impaired fans might soon see the benefit of.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great initiative. I wonder what it would feel like to be so immersed in what was happening.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
A quick search brought up a bit more info on how this works-amazing, and well done to Palace for installing the necessary to make it work

The SightPlus from GiveVision is a smartphone-based AR (Augmented Reality) headset that uses the video from the camera on the smartphone mounted on the front of the headset and combines it with software to enhance the image in real time, based on the visual preferences of the user.

Their preference might be to zoom in, or to adjust the contrast or brightness of the image, all of which can be carried out in real time using a hand-held remote control without removing the headset.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Great initiative. I wonder what it would feel like to be so immersed in what was happening.
Yes, I wonder what the criteria would be for it to be made available to you. What level of visual impairment.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
"Let the kid with glasses live" they said... and here we are. These goddamn cyborgs are going to run the place in no time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Superb initiative, and one which will hopefully get rolled out to other clubs asap. Well done Palace! :clap2:

I wonder if one day a similar technology could be used to offer virtual match or season tickets to sighted and non-sighted fans alike. Needn't be confined to football either. The potential seem limitless

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Superb initiative, and one which will hopefully get rolled out to other clubs asap. Well done Palace! :clap2:

I wonder if one day a similar technology could be used to offer virtual match or season tickets to sighted and non-sighted fans alike. Needn't be confined to football either. The potential seem limitless
Yes, because sometimes your visual impairment is dictated not by your eyesight, but where you are located in the stands in relation to where the action is.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I nominate this for the, "Thread Title of the Year." award!

Wonderful thing for P***** to do though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here