Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace banter at Victoria

Most of the people who stand up to the ridiculous "Stand up if you hate Palace" chants probably don't even know WHY they hate Palace as they weren't at the classic games in the 1970's - the majority weren't who attend Albion games nowadays. Times change and so do rivalries -

well, I WAS at those games, but your comments make it clear you were not, anyhow someone has already pointed you out as a wind up merchant so for that reason, i'm out

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It's a rubbish rivalry anyway, our natural enemies are Portsmouth or Southampton - or, realistically nowadays, Crawley.

Spoken like a TRUE JCL.

Why dont you go down the Mike Ward route who a few years ago was saying it should be Reading.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't understand the reaction to Crawley; geographically they are our nearest rivals. To those saying they don't consider them rivals, consider that for many years in the past they were closer to us in terms of league standings than Palace. Portsmouth and Southampton because of the south coast connection make more sense than a London club - of all the London clubs we have played in recent years, we've had better, more fiery games against Leyton Orient than we have Palace.

Most of the people who stand up to the ridiculous "Stand up if you hate Palace" chants probably don't even know WHY they hate Palace as they weren't at the classic games in the 1970's - the majority weren't who attend Albion games nowadays. Times change and so do rivalries - I don't think anyone really cares about Brighton/Palace. When we were struggling at the bottom of division 3, they weren't all chanting "Stand up if you hate Brighton" at their games - they were playing Premiership football and didn't care about us. It's all a bit sad, really.

And that is where you are WRONG. So, so wrong.

Even when Palace were in the highs of the Prem and we were on our knees they still sang about hating Brighton.

I know loads of Palace fans having worked with them when I was in Elmers End and here in London.

You mention Brighton and there is some good banter. Even MORE now we are in the same division.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The Majority of Brighton fans do not "hate" Palace and likewise the majority of Palace fans don't hate Brighton.
Sure i was there in the 70's 80', Mullery, Ward/Hardkook (spelling?) etc but i don't hate them.
I look out for there results and have a rye smile when they lose but sure don't lose any sleep over them.

There a few 100 maybe a 1000 even hardcore Albion fans that do actually "hate them I'm sure, and the same for them, but they are in the Minority.
Made me giggle when I have read some post on her in the past, like Your not a Brighton supporter if you don't hate Palace, FFS :lol:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I don't understand the reaction to Crawley; geographically they are our nearest rivals.

By that logic Liverpool should be more bothered about Tranmere than Everton or Man Utd........do you now see the error of your ways?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
The Majority of Brighton fans do not "hate" Palace and likewise the majority of Palace fans don't hate Brighton.
Sure i was there in the 70's 80', Mullery, Ward/Hardkook (spelling?) etc but i don't hate them.
I look out for there results and have a rye smile when they lose but sure don't lose any sleep over them.

There a few 100 maybe a 1000 even hardcore Albion fans that do actually "hate them I'm sure, and the same for them, but they are in the Minority.
Made me giggle when I have read some post on her in the past, like Your not a Brighton supporter if you don't hate Palace, FFS :lol:

You are right and you're wrong. We do hate them and we prove that with our songs at every game I've ever been to watch. There isn't a day goes by that derogatory references to them aren't made but it's a pantomime hate. And this hatred of Palace is part of being a Brighton fan.

It really irks me when you get Brighton fans getting all superior about other fans and your post is a wee bit condescending.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think some fans are entitled to be superior to other fans when they are more articulate and intelligent about a particular subject. The fact is that football fans aren't usually the brightest of people.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I think some fans are entitled to be superior to other fans when they are more articulate and intelligent about a particular subject. The fact is that football fans aren't usually the brightest of people.

And there we have it. Rather than respond to the many refutations of your extravagant claims you reveal your superiority complex instead. How, in this thread have you shown yourself to be more intelligent? I think the opposite is true.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003

I think there is probably more than a 1000 that really hate and depise the palarse.

---
- Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Hate for me is too strong a word but then I've only been following the Albion for the last twenty years so don't have any history of street battles and so on that everyone reminisces about on here. I do however love the banter side of all things Palarse, cheering when they lose, winding up their fans (was on holiday with one this year) and looking forward to the day when they are below us in the league as is only right. Because they are our main rivals and will always be (well until they go bust or disappear from the professional leagues).

Recently I have enjoyed a vague rivalry with Orient and Charlton (because a mate supports Orient and my boss Charlton) but such things, like Stains last year, are only temporary and not as intense nor as enjoyable as that with the Croydon Chavs. So if Crawley ever end up in our league then I'll enjoy that rivalry for however long it lasts but until then I couldn't give a monkey's.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

Dickhead, for this and your wind up first post.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think there is probably more than a 1000 that really hate and depise the palarse.

---
- Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Why would anyone truly 'hate' or 'dispise' another football team? How ridiculous. Life is far too short. I love my club but I wouldn't take a bullet for Gus Poyet! A bit of banter is normal but hate? Dispise? Desperately sad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i (in brighton shirt) encountered a number of travelling palace groups...
to a man they were cordial and pleasant
Absolute scum, they are the worst of all Palace fans. Probably tried to buy you a drink (laced with poison). Much like the mafia, telling you you're mates before whacking you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand the reaction to Crawley; geographically they are our nearest rivals. To those saying they don't consider them rivals, consider that for many years in the past they were closer to us in terms of league standings than Palace.
It's not about being close to the same league, you need to be in the same league to form a rivalry. And once formed, the rivalry doesn't end each season you're not in the same league. Can you remind me when we were last in the same league as Crawley?
Portsmouth and Southampton because of the south coast connection make more sense than a London club - of all the London clubs we have played in recent years, we've had better, more fiery games against Leyton Orient than we have Palace.
We've played Orient more in recent years, but
a) you don't change rivals just because a few seasons in another division
b) we don't share a catchment area with Orient
And we don't share a catchment area with Southampton either.

I appreciate you're probably just fishing though.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

I f***ing hate the lot of em.

Vile club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here