Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace away

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I don't usually go in for the "our crowd is bigger than yours" bollocks, but our fixture at your place last year was frankly embarrassing. To give us an allocation that we could have sold 2 or 3 times over whilst the rest of the ground was practically empty beggars belief. Football is a business and for your owners to miss out on an opportunity to fill the ground for once smacks of incompetence.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
They didn't want to keep the palace locked in there own ground for to long last year thats why we got 2k allocation....school night..LOL

Also i can see loads going up without tickets this year and am sure the old bill will climb down and let us in.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
They didn't want to keep the palace locked in there own ground for to long last year thats why we got 2k allocation....school night..LOL

Also i can see loads going up without tickets this year and am sure the old bill will climb down and let us in.

The police don't want them left in the ground too long as they get bored and start playing with matches.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Think again , no ticket no entrance . We heard all this nonsense last season with hundreds of weeds getting tickets in palace sections and i saw one jump up in the main stand . you wont get many more tickets than you got last season imo .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You can always go in the home stands and run up and down the empty rows.

Can you be one of them , ive seen the photo so you shouldnt be difficult to spot .

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Think again , no ticket no entrance . We heard all this nonsense last season with hundreds of weeds getting tickets in palace sections and i saw one jump up in the main stand . you wont get many more tickets than you got last season imo .

Shame as your club could do with the money and the chance to fill a lot of empty seats in your ground seems a pity.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Is 'weeds' really a term you now use to describe us? Is seaweed meant to be offensive or even MEAN something / anything?! All I can think of is the first 3 letters are sea which is the same as seagulls? All very sad. And to come on here using this 'insult' - on OUR board... tut tut tut...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Shame as your club could do with the money and the chance to fill a lot of empty seats in your ground seems a pity.

Dont worry too much about us were doing just fine .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Is 'weeds' really a term you now use to describe us? Is seaweed meant to be offensive or even MEAN something / anything?! All I can think of is the first 3 letters are sea which is the same as seagulls? All very sad. And to come on here using this 'insult' - on OUR board... tut tut tut...

you have always been weeds to me , its not a new insult just a term ive always refered to you as .

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

It's called banter mate ,nothing more nothing less .A bit like my willy is bigger than yours ......
You call us all sorts too, and i love it ,you lot are back and have sorted yourselves out and it's good to have the rivalry back.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Dont worry too much about us were doing just fine .

He is right

If you offered any palace fan 6 points behind the mighty Albion at the end of the season they would take it as
It would probably guarantee a play off spot

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
He is right

If you offered any palace fan 6 points behind the mighty Albion at the end of the season they would take it as
It would probably guarantee a play off spot
I think that's a bit beyond us but you never know, top 10 will be a massive improvement at Selhurst compared to the last 3-4 seasons if I'm honest you lot should make top 6 with the team you have and then it's all about bottle.
How do you lot think you will do against us in the 2 games?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Derby games are always an unknown though would love to do the double i would be happy with 4 points from you this year

Very true I'll take winning at home as I can't see us winning at the Amex this year.
The double either way will be hell my best pals a Weed ,and I'll be fearing the worst in both games but hoping for the best.
You are due a win against us .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
you have always been weeds to me , its not a new insult just a term ive always refered to you as .

My question was WHY weeds?! Surely it's not just the first 3 letters and the fact seaweed is found... erm by the sea?

It's called banter mate ,nothing more nothing less .A bit like my willy is bigger than yours ......
You call us all sorts too, and i love it ,you lot are back and have sorted yourselves out and it's good to have the rivalry back.

I'm not saying it's not banter i'm literally asking WHY weeds? At least Palarse or other such slightly childish insults we use are self explanatory. I'm guessing as neither of you can tell me wy straight away, you don't actually know, and just follow the crowd (well the internet crowd).

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
My question was WHY weeds?! Surely it's not just the first 3 letters and the fact seaweed is found... erm by the sea?

I'm not saying it's not banter i'm literally asking WHY weeds? At least Palarse or other such slightly childish insults we use are self explanatory. I'm guessing as neither of you can tell me wy straight away, you don't actually know, and just follow the crowd (well the internet crowd).

Cant you figure it out ? Seagulls=Seaweed you are by the the Seaside and are therefore Seaweed The Weed EtcEtc.
You seem always a bit stroppy on here what's wrong?
Don't you enjoy being called Weed .
Internet crowd ?I'm 39 years old so hardly a newbie like yourself am I ?and been to lads of Palace seaweed games from the Goldstone,Withdean and Selhurst and seen the best and worst of both sets of supporters .

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This , I've been to arsenal v spurs(White hart lane ) on a Saturday at 3pm and believe me Brighton v palace is very tame a lot of Brighton fans are living in the past if they think this is a high profile game for the met it's not, I think too many kids have watched Green street & The football Factory it's 2012 not 1984

I have been to a lot of Spurs Arse games too however the first meeting between BPalace Brighton at selhurst (ssshh the 5-0) that had as big a police presence as a football match as i have seen. Armoured police shoulder to shoulder all the way to south norwood station.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cant you figure it out ? Seagulls=Seaweed you are by the the Seaside and are therefore Seaweed The Weed EtcEtc.
You seem always a bit stroppy on here what's wrong?
Don't you enjoy being called Weed .
Internet crowd ?I'm 39 years old so hardly a newbie like yourself am I ?and been to lads of Palace seaweed games from the Goldstone,Withdean and Selhurst and seen the best and worst of both sets of supporters .

Did you not see where I wrote My question was WHY weeds?! Surely it's not just the first 3 letters and the fact seaweed is found... erm by the sea? :lolol: So don't try to make out I was being thick. And it seems it was as childish and weird as I thought it may be - but i'm not suprised, coming from those 'educated' in Croydon ;)

Not atall stroppy fella jut think if Palace fans are gonna come on here (note BBS bars all albion from main board dont they?) I think you need to be a little less gobby. (Note writing tut tut tut was actually humour on my part - not really getting annoyed about being called a 'weed'!)

As for the 'newbie' comment - WTF?! Very poor attempt at patronising fella :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here