Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pa today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought it was highly amusing but disappointed they failed to deliver the final insult by reminding SCC who would be receiving the Division 1 Champions Trophy next Saturday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought he went too far to be honest. Up to a point it was amusing, but then it started to become a little embarrassing. I hope he doesn't repeat it against Huddersfield.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought he went too far to be honest. Up to a point it was amusing, but then it started to become a little embarrassing. I hope he doesn't repeat it against Huddersfield.

I'm sure that won't happen. Ordinarily, he wouldn't even have done it today... it was just making a point to a club who consider themselves far too good to be playing in League One, with little justification this season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I do, thought it was rather amusing.

It was only amusing because of the adkins thing though, we'll just look like complete pricks if we do it to Huddersfield, especially after they give us the guard of honour.

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
I thought it was stupid and well over the top. Choice of music was good but PA was complete amatuer! Somethin better for Amex please

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Thought it was good up to the point of announcing our team and putting champion in front of all the names.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
For those not there.

Before the match we had a "safety announcement" that said "mind the gap" (take from a railway station announcement)

Music we had was "Catch Us If You Can" (by the Dave Clark 5, I think) and "Making Plans for Nigel" by XTC.

During the team line up announcement every player's name was preceded by "Champion".

When he had to say the word "Brighton" he'd say "Champions" instead.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
And for those of us who weren't at the match, a few more details perhaps?

'Catch us if you can', 'Were only making plans for Nigel' etc. Was quite funny to be fair. Backfired a bit though, but Adkins deserved some stick for being a knob.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
bit sad and unprofessional. wouldn't ever have anything like that at st marys.

You've had your laugh & gloat, fair play. Why not now f@@k off because you have not actually won anything yet.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
bit sad and unprofessional. wouldn't ever have anything like that at st marys.

Oh you would if portsmouth turned up and the positions were similar I'm sure (so yes a bit sad we did it for you) we have always done the music though that was nothing special, we played Taxman for Pompey in the FA Cup

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The music was funny. The mind the gap was childish. The champion in front if each player was childish. Using the word champion throughout the match was embarrassing.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
Oh you would if portsmouth turned up and the positions were similar I'm sure (so yes a bit sad we did it for you) we have always done the music though that was nothing special, we played Taxman for Pompey in the FA Cup

we certainly wouldn't for portsmuff as the club would probably get fined for inciting violence. cool you do the music thing alot, that makes it better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here