Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PA Systems and Goal Music

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Watching Norwich on the FL show and they play loud music over the pa system after every goal. A load of clubs do this nowadays but I really really hope we don't end being one of them. Really makes me cringe when i hear it! What do you all think?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It seems to be universally disliked when the subject comes up on here. I had the chance to ask Martin Perry about this for the Amex, he said that the day we have 'after goal' music, will be the day he leaves.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
at most premiership grounds after goal music is a rarity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely Norwich fans must have been getting sick of it after the 6th time on Saturday.

I honestly don't know how they can stand it. It would genuinely RUIN the moment for me.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Glad to hear we won't be going down that route. Knew we had more class than that!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I'd rather have a 40-foot Michael Jackson statue on the West Stand Roof than goal music.
Each time this one comes up we all say how much we totally deplore it - but you never hear anything from goal music victims at other clubs.

Surely there must be SOME real fans left at Norwich, Ipswich, Sheffield Utd and so on. Is it remotely possible that they actually LIKE it? Or have they all been secretly lobotomised and become Stepford Wives-style robots?

Forget about fans' opinions on gay footballers. Where's the national goal music survey?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I hope we don't have goal music, there's nothing worse than drowning out the crowd than that. I want to scream and shout for sheer joy. If I wanted to hear music, I'd stay in the pub.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we EVER play goal music I really hope the whole stadium Booos non stop for 5 mins afterwards. It's trite and offensive and is yet more American crap finding it's way over here :angry:

Keep it for the shite that is American football and it's requirement for a game which appears to be built around tv advertising and schmultz

Last edited:

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I'm glad from what I've read on here about our fans and the club itself that there seems to be a consensus against ever introducing it. It really is dreadful, I'd like to know how many fans at clubs like Norwich actually like it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I even heard it after a try was scored at a RUGBY match the other day. F.F.SAKE.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And what are the parameters for it ? If you're getting tonked 3-0 or 4-0 at home but scramble back a meaningless consolation goal in injury time, do they STILL turn on the disco ?

We should ask the Palace fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would like to try and find a fan of another club who likes it. There are a lot of clubs that do it now so presumably their fans like it? I've just never met anyone that actually does like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here