Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P & R queues post match

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I haven't used the P&R since the start of last season, but it looks like I will need to tonight.

Either Mill Road of Mithras are the best options for me, but I was wondering would be best in terms of waiting times post match?

When driving last season, more often than not parked in Hawkhurst Rd in Coldean, but I was under the impression this is frowned on /banned now?

Any advice gratefully received!

Jan 21, 2012
I normally use Mithras house because they can use double decker buses to drop people back there. Mill road they can only use single deck buses. The P&R system was working ok last season (after the first few games) but it'll be interesting to see how it copes with even more fans using it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I normally use Mithras house because they can use double decker buses to drop people back there. Mill road they can only use single deck buses. The P&R system was working ok last season (after the first few games) but it'll be interesting to see how it copes with even more fans using it.

How long were you waiting after the game to get back to Mithras?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Seeing as Mill Road was full every game last season I would imagine it will be exactly the same this season and to be fair it wasn't too bad. The only issue I have is the ignorant TWATS who come past the queues and jump in rather than queuing like the rest of them.

Jan 21, 2012
If you leave bang on the final whistle you'll probably be waiting about 10-15 minutes to get back to Mithras, maybe a little longer for Mill road.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Seeing as Mill Road was full every game last season I would imagine it will be exactly the same this season and to be fair it wasn't too bad. The only issue I have is the ignorant TWATS who come past the queues and jump in rather than queuing like the rest of them.

Mill Road may be better as I'm coming from Southampton. What were your waiting times like?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mill Road may be better as I'm coming from Southampton. What were your waiting times like?

We are quite lucky in that we sit next to an aisle by an exit in the east stand so can get out of the ground after the final whistle very quickly, normally we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus, obviously it depends how quick you get to the queue though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Judging by reports Mill Road fills up early (I don't know what early means time wise) but you should bear this in mind as well

Will do, should be in that area by 6.30 at the latest, hopefully this would be early enough!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Judging by reports Mill Road fills up early (I don't know what early means time wise) but you should bear this in mind as well

For evening games we normally get to Mill Road about 6:15 and its normally about 3/4 full. so I would guess by about 6:30 or jst after it will be pretty much full.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know, I know, I just haven't been concentrating, but instead of the "vouchers" do we just flash our ST cards now?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
For evening games we normally get to Mill Road about 6:15 and its normally about 3/4 full. so I would guess by about 6:30 or jst after it will be pretty much full.

Thanks for that, will keep that in mind and see what time I can get there for.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We are quite lucky in that we sit next to an aisle by an exit in the east stand so can get out of the ground after the final whistle very quickly, normally we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus, obviously it depends how quick you get to the queue though.

Thanks for that, will keep that in mind and see what time I can get there for.

The point [MENTION=179]tinx[/MENTION] makes about where you sit is important. Unfortunately I sit right in the middle of the row and our row is also nearer the front so it takes me at least 15 minutes to get on to the concourse by which time the queues are horrendous and the wanchor of a chief steward on Mithras insists on loading one bus at a time and then going upstairs to count any empty seats ... so it adds a huge amount of time. Never really timed it but I reckon for me it's a minimum 45 minutes from whistle.

Mill Road buses load much quicker and I'm not sure they get any less on given they are standing. Trouble is towards end of last season they reduced the numbers that can park there and so you do need to get there early ... naturally it's the big fav with away fans too so tends to fill quicker ... plus our extra capacity?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What about Race Hill P+R buses. Are they any quicker getting back?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes, for buses, P+R and trains.

So, how does this work when "sharing" kids tickets between friends. If I would have previously handed over tickets outside the stadium somewhere, am I now stuck?

Even if I "borrow" someones card tonight for Saturdays game, they then can't get back home without it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here