Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Own Up

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ok for my sins I have just been to the Swan in Falmer for lunch. In my defence I do work in Falmer and had to meet someone there to pick something up for Saturday. I have to say the pub is a bit of a case of the land that time forgot and if they do not know you they serve their mates before you and the food was nothing special.

But I was amused that the landlord got a hoax call, from what I could work out it was someone pretending to be Fatboy Slim and it was only when the barmaid clicked that he was associated with the Albion, a certain amount of abuse was aimed down the phone. So who was it?

Also this then sent the regulars into Albion slagging off mode, which was amusing to listen to. Seemingly if they council do not make it no parking around there on match days, then they will paint their own double yellow lines on the road.

A true experience that place, makes the League of Gentlemen look normal.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Uncle Buck said:
Also this then sent the regulars into Albion slagging off mode, which was amusing to listen to. Seemingly if they council do not make it no parking around there on match days, then they will paint their own double yellow lines on the road.

Falmer Village will be a CPZ (Controlled Parking Zone) on matchdays, so there may well be less people parking round the pond than usual!!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
This is the Land that Time Forgot. You'll be half expecting a U-Boat to appear in the Village pond soon and Doug McClure to start refining oil whilst battling off the Cave Men of Falmer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
A true experience that place, makes the League of Gentlemen look normal.

The village is a local place for local people.

Hello whats all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here. This is a local shop for local people.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Stinky Kat said:
lets hope there is a bar at the new ground

There will be. Not yet decided if the club will run it themselves or get someone to do it for them though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here