Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen joins Stoke

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a loser he is. Clearly hates the game and loves the paycheck. Can't wait until he is retired and out of football for good.

Juxtapose Micheal Owen with Andrew Strauss, One going out at the top another claiming he still has a lot to offer in The Premiership despite being on the slide physically and financially, I used to like him....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see why - he was a top end player who felt he could still do it at the prem level, and clearly Stoke think he can too, why on earth should he have lowered his sights to a lower division. He's done the right thing. Now, if nobody had come in for him, that's a different matter.
His 'form' over the last couple of seasons, doesn't seem to back that up.
Plus he's hardly had the pick of clubs since May.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I suppos its not like he's gotta live round there. Can't be an hour back to Chester.

"Stoke's a shit hole I wanna go home" always a favourite sing song that one

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How drearily predictable. Those Premier League clubs just can't help themselves, throwing good money after bad. Hopefully Pulis will show Owen who's boss and what is expected of him. But won't be holding my breath.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thank god for that... I hear Kanchelskis is still a free agent?

Michael Owen joins Stoke after agreeing a 12-month deal

Michael Owen joins Stoke after agreeing a 12-month deal - Telegraph

Owen, the former England international, was at Stoke's training ground today to put the finishing touches to what will essentially be a pay-as-you-play contract.
Stoke have been in talks with Owen all day and the deal appeared off earlier this afternoon until a final offer was accepted by the 32 year-old and his advisors.

It is understood the only hurdle to overcome now is the Premier League agreeing Owen's registration for Stoke's 25-man squad before the 5pm deadline.

Owen was a free agent after his release from Manchester United at the end of last season and first met Stoke in June to discuss a move to the Britannia Stadium. Owen has been considering his options, with offers understood to have been made in the Far East and in the Championship, but will sign for Tony Pulis after a day of whirlwind talks.

The deal will be a basic 12-month deal, with the promise of a further year if he passes a set number of appearances. Owen is believed to be eanning a substantial basic wage with substantial incentives for goals.

Owen's move will see him team up with Peter Crouch, his former England team-mate, and Stoke are the fifth club of his career.

Could be a cheap deal for Stoke...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he makes through training unscathed and without a broken leg, is he not a bit lightweight for Stoke!? Should they not be going for someone with less footballing ability and more thumping the ball neanderthals?

Maybe they've bought him just so that they can lend him to us!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
owen5_0.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stoke want to raise their profile so I see this move as good for both parties. I also find it funny that Liverpool didn't re-sign him. A lot of their fans will be sad about that.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Stoke want to raise their profile so I see this move as good for both parties. I also find it funny that Liverpool didn't re-sign him. A lot of their fans will be sad about that.

A few of their fans don't seem to respect him anymore after his move to United.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I liked Howard Webb's tweet earlier, Michael Own retired from football, and started playing rugby, as he just signed for Stoke Coty.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
With his 'billy big bollox' posturing about not dropping down a division, I'd quite like to see him fall on his arse.

Which is a pretty crappy thing to say about a player, who got my England supporting days, through some pretty shoddy teams.

He would
Break
It

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here