It doesn't put the story to bed at all.
"It says Argus sources have dismissed reports claiming we have put a bid in"
"The club refuse to comment on the transfer speculation"

Argus sources also said CMS is not joining Brighton

Having said that, I dont believe we will see Michael Owen playing for Brighton

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How many people actually thought there was anything in this ? That's the problem with the Internet and Twitter, all too easy to start a hoax rumour and see it go viral.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The fact of the matter is that the Club under Gus and Tony are very tight-lipped about transfer activity, much more so than ever before, and as the CMS saga proved, in many cases Naylor has no idea what is going on.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
How many people actually thought there was anything in this ? That's the problem with the Internet and Twitter, all too easy to start a hoax rumour and see it go viral.

i feel a poll is needed!! A believer or a realist!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well this is a shock isn't it? A real shock.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It doesn't put the story to bed at all.
"It says Argus sources have dismissed reports claiming we have put a bid in"
"The club refuse to comment on the transfer speculation"

Argus sources also said CMS is not joining Brighton

Having said that, I dont believe we will see Michael Owen playing for Brighton

Totally agree.

While this is still a VERY unlikely move for Owen, this is a nothing story, as we could very well be in discussions with Man Utd / Owen over this without a "bid" having been formally put in.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I dont know what to believe, there was some kind of conference at the Amex yesterday & my cousin had to attend, Owen was in the reception area & thought my cousin was there to "meet & greet" him (he wasn't) they shook hands & my cousin went to sort out whatever it was he was doing.
It wasn't until after I got the text that I saw the papers & read the rumours as i had to go to my wifes 20 week scan so was a bit late catching up on the news.
But anyway after I'd got the texts from my cuz & then read the papers I thought it actually might happen but i suppose he could have been there for a number other reasons.
My cousin is not even really into football so I'm certain it wasn't a wind up as he doesn't really know about the bullshit rumour trends that go on during the transfer windows & he just seemed pretty excited that he'd just met Michael Owen lol.
So like i say I don't know & don't really care to be honest as he'll probably be injured for the rest of his playing career & also do we really need another short pacey striker when we've got cms ? Especially an aging (in football terms) injury prone one that will demand high wages..... I'd rather have a big powerful target man alongside cms.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here