Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

out of contract?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Murray is the big worry, we need him signing a new contract very quickly.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
If Dicker is aswell, me wants him here long time, so hopefully we can sign him up again. Bridcutt has a lot of potential and seems good for a young lad, and Kish has been immense, so hope we can sort these all out.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
If Dicker is aswell, me wants him here long time, so hopefully we can sign him up again. Bridcutt has a lot of potential and seems good for a young lad, and Kish has been immense, so hope we can sort these all out.

bridcutt is only 21 i think so maybe he would be worth another year, dicker has got to stay as has murray. think kish is hanging up his boots after this year. :-(

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
anyone know which of our players are out of contract at the end of this season?

The following, I believe: Agdestein, Battipiedi, Baz, Bridcutt, Cook, Dicker, El Abd, Hall, Hart, Holroyd, Kishishev, Murray, Navarro, Poke, Sandaza, James Smith, Jamie Smith, Thomson, Whing, Wilkins.

In addition, Kasim, Matutu and Simmonds are on short-term contracts.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
How about this season?

From memory the list includes

Barnes
Brezovan
Ankergren
Navarro
Elphick ( been told not to worry about it )
Vicente ( although it was hinted that we have some sort of option for a 2nd year? )

Is the above correct? Any others?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Why did you have to dig out an old post that is over a year old rather than just post a new one!!!!!

Was trawling through old posts for the information, couldn't find it so just replied to last thread I looked at :cool:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Guess I'll have to start a new thread if this one gets highjacked...

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
We shoukld be tieing up barnes with another 2 yr contract - even if we sell him on at the end of the season - I wonder why this wasn't done before christmas. Must be worth 500K with a contract ? although is he too young to go on a bosman if we offer him a contract ?

D

Deleted User X18H

How about this season?

From memory the list includes

Barnes
Brezovan
Ankergren
Navarro
Elphick ( been told not to worry about it )
Vicente ( although it was hinted that we have some sort of option for a 2nd year? )

Is the above correct? Any others?

Brezovan has another year.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Barnes is a potential million pound player who is improving and widening his skill set week by week - not sure if we have an automatic option for another year but we had better get him contracted and soon!

Presumably either Brez or Anks or Gonzalez will go - we only really need two of the three.

Not sure about Navs - Gus likes him and he is very useful to have around but we are about as high league position wise as he is likely to go. That said there have been plenty of (relative) journeymen footballers who have done ok in the higher echelons of the Championship and in the Prem. I think he might be offered 12 months.

There are also a number of the DS whose contracts might be up and could need looking at. I wouldn't want to lose Hall, Rodgers, Barker, Simmonds, Agdestein and maybe Kasim and Sampayo for nothing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that Gus will learn from the Murray situation, although he obviously dfidnt rate him as high as most of us, and will offer a contract to anybody he desperately wants to keep.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barnes is a potential million pound player who is improving and widening his skill set week by week - not sure if we have an automatic option for another year but we had better get him contracted and soon!

Presumably either Brez or Anks or Gonzalez will go - we only really need two of the three.

Not sure about Navs - Gus likes him and he is very useful to have around but we are about as high league position wise as he is likely to go. That said there have been plenty of (relative) journeymen footballers who have done ok in the higher echelons of the Championship and in the Prem. I think he might be offered 12 months.

There are also a number of the DS whose contracts might be up and could need looking at. I wouldn't want to lose Hall, Rodgers, Barker, Simmonds, Agdestein and maybe Kasim and Sampayo for nothing

I agree about the GK situation but wouldnt be too upset if he lets Kasim and Sampayo go on a free I cant see anybody rushing in to sign them possibly Orient or similar standard.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I agree about the GK situation but wouldnt be too upset if he lets Kasim and Sampayo go on a free I cant see anybody rushing in to sign them possibly Orient or similar standard.

Gus and his team will know which of the DS has the right attitude to progress and I think that is often the telling factor between, say, a Bridcutt or JFC, and a Johnny Dixon or a James Tunnicliffe, or dare I say it, a Dean Cox. Specifically I think Kasim has clear ability but I wonder if he has his natural aggression sufficiently under control. Not seen enough of Sampayo but I worry about young players coming from Premier League Academies who seem to expect to be given a professional future; discover too late that it is up to them to fight for it; then can't quite give the committment to make it happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A friend of my brothers, his son played in the same academy team as Rogers and Sampayo and said that Sampayo always assumed he would get into the first team at Chelsea, is that a bad thing to have confidence. Incidentally my brothers mates son is still at Chelsea having been there since just after his 5th birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here