Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our strikers' game summed up perfectly

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Both McGammon and Robinson had alright games, starting to like McGammon a bit now and if we could get a decent strike partner then I think his work would bear more fruition.

BUT

There were two moments yesterday when they were one on one or had rounded the keeper, only to be pulled back for offside, both players tried to score anyway, but could only manage to drag wide from the gaping goal.

Typical!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because Magoo cant coach our glut of strikers where the goal is :angry: :angry: :angry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Beeneys gloves said:
Both McGammon and Robinson had alright games, starting to like McGammon a bit now and if we could get a decent strike partner then I think his work would bear more fruition.

BUT

There were two moments yesterday when they were one on one or had rounded the keeper, only to be pulled back for offside, both players tried to score anyway, but could only manage to drag wide from the gaping goal.

Typical!

And? I expect they knew they were offside and not really that fussed about find the goal.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Our strikers' game summed up perfectly

DAMANCLAY said:
And? I expect they knew they were offside and not really that fussed about find the goal.

:lolol: I don't think so

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Our strikers' game summed up perfectly

DAMANCLAY said:

I think they both knew they were offside, but can you tell me that any striker would deliberately miss, especially when you havent scored for eons!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Our strikers' game summed up perfectly

Dougal said:
:lolol: I don't think so

To be fair, Robinson was not even looking at the goal and he back heeled it. I Doubt had he been onside he would have done that! Not sure about McCammon, couldn't see from where i was.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Our strikers' game summed up perfectly

DAMANCLAY said:
To be fair, Robinson was not even looking at the goal and he back heeled it. I Doubt had he been onside he would have done that! Not sure about McCammon, couldn't see from where i was.

Worst thing about Robbos one was that it was one of those side heel attempts, which made him look even sillier!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our strikers' game summed up perfectly

Beeneys gloves said:
Worst thing about Robbos one was that it was one of those side heel attempts, which made him look even sillier!

Very true although dont think he was really bothered by it! It was irrelevant whether he scored or not.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing that confuses me with Jake is that if you watch him during pre-match warm ups he hits the back of the net from all distances and angles, if only he could hit the target a few times during matches it might make all the difference, we could have Peter Crouchs' midget cousin on our books!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't understand why you are all having a go at our strikers, if we had a better midfield I'm sure the strikers would start scoring again. If we can swap Leon for a midfielder that can hold up the ball then I think we can get out of this mess.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gully said:
The thing that confuses me with Jake is that if you watch him during pre-match warm ups he hits the back of the net from all distances and angles

...except at half time. Anybody else notice at halftime (Millwall and other games) the subs all try and hit the crossbar?

Maybe they should concentrate on hitting the net during practise sessions rather than practising to deliberately miss? They are actually programming themselves to miss the target on a regular basis. I'm in sales and I practise making a sale-not missing out on one.

Frigging Soccer AM has a lot to answer to-and that's without considering 'Easy Easy'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here