Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Remaining Transfer Budget?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Gus hinted that our Summer budget is slightly more than last season and Mr Bloom said our budget was 'competitive'. That brings up figures between 4-6 million to start with.
Does anyone know how much we signed Crofts for? I'm sure I was somewhere it was rumoured to be between 250-500K?
Was Bruno on a free?
Bridge season long loan with majority (if not all) wages provided by City.

This obviously leaves us with a good whack of cash in Gus's back pocket with only one or two targets remaining.
I'm thinking of two names. Zamora & Rhodes.
With this remaining budget, one of these players are just about affordable and there seems to be constant on-going negotiations and set-backs over the last few weeks regarding a signing.
Thoughts?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What about our new keeper ? Oatway ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agents fees / signing on fees / higher wages would've all taken huge chunks out the budget. It's not just about transfer fees. But yes I'd imagine we have a few mil if needed. Remember it's for the whole season tho - offloading some players from the wage bill will also help (cough Harley cough)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Crofts was around £500K plus agent's fee and signing-on fee
Bruno will have cost a fair few bob to agents and in signing-on fees. Kuszczak likewise.
There is doubtless a substantial fee to Man City for the Bridge loan - my guess would be between £500K and £1m is the norm as an "arranging fee" and his agent will be on a cut.
As Vicente's was a case of extending an existing deal I am sure there will be fees to him and his agent involved

No such thing as "free" in football

How much is left? Who knows but not enough to sign someone currently on £50K a week plus who cost his club £5m a year ago, and not enough for someone whose club have turned down a reported £6m bid from Blackburn in the last week

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Crofts was around £500K plus agent's fee and signing-on fee
Bruno will have cost a fair few bob to agents and in signing-on fees. Kuszczak likewise.
There is doubtless a substantial fee to Man City for the Bridge loan - my guess would be between £500K and £1m is the norm as an "arranging fee" and his agent will be on a cut.
As Vicente's was a case of extending an existing deal I am sure there will be fees to him and his agent involved

No such thing as "free" in football

How much is left? Who knows but not enough to sign someone currently on £50K a week plus who cost his club £5m a year ago, and not enough for someone whose club have turned down a reported £6m bid from Blackburn in the last week

balloon_pop.jpg

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
We paid £1m for Bridge to come on loan.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What striker would accept £9000 per week ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
this report about a player we have been linked with gives an indication of what we are up against

LUFC fans asking whether Jermaine Beckford is on his way back to Elland Road should consider the salary the striker secured upon joining #EFC on a free transfer in the summer of 2010. Beckford's contract entitles him to a basic wage of £28,000, a further £5000 per appearance, and a loyalty bonus of £250,000 a year.
In total, the 28-year-old stands to earn roughly three times the best paid player at Leeds United. While Beckford is understood to be interested in a move from Leicester City back to Leeds, his financial terms exceed the club's current budget

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here