Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our penalty record

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
OK, so along with our part in the game with the most penalties, do we also hold the record for the most penalties scored in one season? along with the 15 in shoot outs we've had, what, 3 in open play this season?

Man City converted 15 in one season a while ago i think.....

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
When was the last time we lost a penalty shoot out?

In the last few seasons I can remember:

3 this season (all won)
Milwall last season (won)
Play off semi (won)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
yes, but we scored 5 against man city, 5 against orient and 5 last night, we've also scored a few in games no?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When was the last time we lost a penalty shoot out?

In the last few seasons I can remember:

3 this season (all won)
Milwall last season (won)
Play off semi (won)

and when was the last time we missed a penalty in a shoot out (scored all four v Swindon - can't remember Millwall)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
and when was the last time we missed a penalty in a shoot out (scored all four v Swindon - can't remember Millwall)

Robbie Savage missed in the shoot out v. Orient.

The only reason we scored 5 is because it went into the first round of sudden death.

(I think - can somebody confirm).

Albion Rob

Off the top of my head, I think the last time we lost on penalties was possibly against Orient in the JP Trophy (or whatever it was called then) a few years back.

Failing that, I'd guess at Sudbury in the FA Cup at the Goldstone over a decade ago.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I was very impressed with the standard of penalties last night, especially Elphick's.

Indeed, nearly all of them (ours and theirs) were right in the corner. Shame England can't do the same :down:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
??? he went the right way for robinsons, forsters and richards.. none were saved..
elphics was in a position he would of got to..
why you trying to get brave?

Part of the art of taking a penalty is for the keeper to go one way and the ball the other isn't it ? I think it was Cantona who replied to a question about what would have happened if the goalie had gone the other way - he said he would have stuck it the other side. They are the best penalties when the keeper is diving one way looking at the ball going the other.

What has bravery to do with it ?

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Part of the art of taking a penalty is for the keeper to go one way and the ball the other isn't it ? I think it was Cantona who replied to a question about what would have happened if the goalie had gone the other way - he said he would have stuck it the other side. They are the best penalties when the keeper is diving one way looking at the ball going the other.

What has bravery to do with it ?

ok good point..

anyone notice Grant holt start to celebrate before he had even struck the ball? then turn his celebration into a punch of disopointment? :L

no? just me then

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed, nearly all of them (ours and theirs) were right in the corner. Shame England can't do the same :down:

I guess it's all in the mind.
If only the England team can transport themselves from the semi/quarter-final of the worlds biggest competition (or Euro's).
To a cold night in Shrewsbury, playing out infront of a couple of thousand, for a meaningless piss pot trophy, semi-final place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here