Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our most underrated player of the season so far?

Our most underrated player so far?

• Total voters

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Following on from the player of the season so far thread / poll, who do you think has been our most underrated player of the season so far?

Poll to follow (minimum of 5 starts to qualify)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Painter or Ankegren in terms of lack of mentions.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Barnes for me

BTON4EVER

Jan 5, 2011
Eastbourne
Barnes has made many contributions but Bridcutt's vision is fantastic, watch him for about 5 minutes and you'll see what im talking about. He's always in the right place at the right time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Painter is the most underrated, he just gets on with his job tidily and efficiently.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Painter is not the most underrated IMHO because most people realise how well he has played - but he has warranted more attention than he has been given perhaps.

Barnes is probably the most underrated.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ankergren definately. On here, quite a lot of people slag him off, but his distribution is great and he likes to draw the man in to give us extra space in the middle of the park

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Brezovan for me. Unfortunate to have picked up the injury and in my opinion always performed fairly outstanding when he got his chance. He's definetly better at saving pens and dealing with catches than Ankergren.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Surely just the fact he's winning this poll proves Painter ISN'T underrated? :lol:

Think everyone knows how good he is, but because he goes about his job and does it in such a comfortable unspectacular way it doesn't get a lot of mentions.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
How can a player be 'most underrated'?

Surely if he gets a decent rating in this vote then he is rated?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How can a player be 'most underrated'?

Surely if he gets a decent rating in this vote then he is rated?

Most underrated as in doesn't get the press / accolades / praise worthy of his contribution to the side and our performances but is, in a way, taken for granted as his contribution goes virtually unnoticed and he doesn't stand out (like LuaLua would for instance) or because he doesn't make mistakes but just gets on and does his job extremely well.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
birdcutt for me il be honest when we signed him i was baffled but as one poster on here says if he had been here for start of the season would of been my player of seson so far the kid is class had got a great futrur very level headed too as well i here hope is with us for years to come

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Most underrated as in doesn't get the press / accolades / praise worthy of his contribution to the side and our performances but is, in a way, taken for granted as his contribution goes virtually unnoticed and he doesn't stand out (like LuaLua would for instance) or because he doesn't make mistakes but just gets on and does his job extremely well.

If we are using this as the definition then Painter wins it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Painter definitely, does he ever have a bad game? Don't think he's had one in an albion shirt yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here