Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our entire season hinges on tonight's game...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
MASSIVE game no doubt, and results went our way yesterday if only we can take advantage.

Agree with Commander (OP) generally, its not just about the result itself, its all about momentum and confidence, we lost it before new year, we got it in 2012 and have again lost it again in recent weeks. Reading and Birmingham have hit form and momentum at the right time.

Win tonight and the confidence and momentum from that may be the most important thing for the coming games. We need to find momentum and fast.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
MASSIVE game no doubt, and results went our way yesterday if only we can take advantage.

Agree with Commander (OP) generally, its not just about the result itself, its all about momentum and confidence, we lost it before new year, we got it in 2012 and have again lost it again in recent weeks. Reading and Birmingham have hit form and momentum at the right time.

is it really you my lord...:bowdown:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Gotta love this season. I'm so excited about tonight and keep having to think work to distract me.

Boro can only get a maximum of 75 points. Leicester can only get 74 and Hull 73. Cardiff is max 77 with is max 78.

Realistically I still believe that 4 wins will guarantee it, 3 wins and a draw should be enough and 3 wins will leave us praying heavily. Tonight is not the last chance saloon but is bloody close. A draw tonight and we may be lucky.

It's all about the players tonight - they need to play like they did against Newcastle, Southampton and Ipswich and be weighed down by expectation.

As for us, whatever happens we need the crowd on top form - against 'Boro we were very nervous at times. Tonight, we need to let the nerves go and ensure we dont sit at our desks tomorrow morning wondering 'what if'.

Its been a great year - one of the best ever.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Realistically, if we lose tonight, we'll need to avoid defeat at West Ham, and get 10 points from the last 4 matches - which is not going to happen.

It's pretty much a playoff final for us tonight.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For me, it's simpler than that: if we are in 6th place or above with everyone having three to play, I think we'll do it. If we're not, we won't.

And I really think we need 4 points from the next two games to have a chance of getting into that position.

This! Need to be in it to win it.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Very nervous about tonight.

We're on a relatively bad run, for this time of the season, Reading are on a great run BUT they have beaten us the last five games in a row - football statistics like that are there to be demolished.

I went to Burnley with expectations of a better performance than we showed, and certainly I believed the lack of width really let us down, especially as we were playing with two up front. Personally I would like to see Sparrow back for Dicker as the combination of Dicker/Navarro is too slow in the middle (even more so given how quickly Reading switch from defence to attack through the middle) and the return of at least one winger with Lua Lua getting the nod because of his ability to offer something unpredictable.

Bench of Barnes, Buckely, Noone, Forster-Caskey and Casper would be great, but I know it won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here