Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT...... 101st Airbourne Tour (World War 2)

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

If I had the money then I would go, it would be the best experience of a lifetime. [/B]

errrm Kev - I too love BoB but think about what you are saying. You would happily part with £4,000 to trapise around some fields in Nothern Europe with a coachload of American veterans???

Trust me that would not be the experience of a lifetime

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: Re: OT...... 101st Airbourne Tour (World War 2)

Paddy B said:

well, it probably would be; but in the way kev is hoping...:lolol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Paddy B said:
errrm Kev - I too love BoB but think about what you are saying. You would happily part with £4,000 to trapise around some fields in Nothern Europe with a coachload of American veterans???

There is more to it then that, you can actually visit Eagles nest, Brecourt Manor where they actually blew up the guns what where fireing on the beaches etc.

It would be fantastic.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
You are missing the point. There is nothing stopping you getting in a camper van with a few mates and doing all that nad a fraction of the cost and not surrounded by a coachload of geriatric Yanks

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
brightonfan_86 said:
:glare:, I'm talking about Easy Company!
I am sure he would go along with you if you asked nicely.....

BoBs was very good, but I don't think the 'magic' could be recreated on a coach trip. You would be better spending £4k on something else.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: OT...... 101st Airbourne Tour (World War 2)

brightonfan_86 said:
There is more to it then that, you can actually visit Eagles nest, Brecourt Manor where they actually blew up the guns what where fireing on the beaches etc.

It would be fantastic.

Why don't you just get a WWII PS2 game. They are quite atmospheric. Much cheaper than 4 grand too.

just imagine the authentic (recreated) smell of pissed stain trousers, sick down the shirt and crap in pants and you might be lucky one of the old gimmers might take his teeth out, especially if you want a bottle of beer opened.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
What's wrong with the BRITISH 1st., and 6th. Airborne Divisions for Christ's sake.
brightonfan_86 said:
As you may all know I absolutely love Band of Brothers, I've read the book and I've also watched the series quite alot of times. But this is would be the greatest tour to go on IMO.

http://www.ww2tours.com/itin-easy-co.htm

If I had the money then I would go, it would be the best

e perience of a lifetime.

Dandyman

In London village.

Porky said:
What's wrong with the BRITISH 1st., and 6th. Airborne Divisions for Christ's sake.

They were n't in the Speilberg version of D-Day ?

For anyone who who is interested in what British Airborne forces achieved on D-day...

http://www.army.mod.uk/para/history/normandy.htm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here