Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar for Robinson penalty dive

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Looks like a great tackle by John Terry to me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed... never a pen... their best player but should have been booked for simulation...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That ludicrous dive was one of many mildly amusing incidents in yesterday's game.

The giant, egg-sized lump on El Abd's head after a first half collision, being one, and the press photographer annoying Tranmere by knocking the ball away just when they wanted to take a quick throw-in, being another.

El Abd looked like one of those Tom & Jerry cartoons for a while, I was waiting for him to head the ball and the lump to go CLANGGGGG and appear out of the back of his head instead.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and (I'm surprised nobody has raised this yet) the massive, glove-hurling STROP Fran Sandaza threw when he realised Barnes & Noone were going on and he wouldn't get a run out.

Was this not visible to anyone outside E Block? It was Balotelli-esque in its petulance.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
One of those is a decent shot of Sparrow's challenge that, on seeing live, I thought he was a little lucky to get away with only a free-kick. Fair play to their player for not making anything out of it.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Oh, and (I'm surprised nobody has raised this yet) the massive, glove-hurling STROP Fran Sandaza threw when he realised Barnes & Noone were going on and he wouldn't get a run out.

Was this not visible to anyone outside E Block? It was Balotelli-esque in its petulance.

He had a point to be honest. When it was clear we needed to make a SERIOUS change, I wasn't sure what Barnes was going to bring to the party, apart from over-commitment and a risk of getting sent off within minutes. Still it all worked out OK in the end. In Gus we trust etc.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Handball!

0,,10365~9495519,00.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the radio they seriously seemed to suggest we got away with one. I know to me it looked like Painter got in front of him and he just fell down.

I can't believe Tranmere have TWO photos on their gallery of the rotund twat looking for a pen yesterday. I couldn't work out whether he had been shot or was auditioning for Dancing on Ice :lol:

Tranmere Rovers | Match | Gallery | Gallery | Brighton Photo Gallery

Les Parry blamed the pen for their loss, stating it changed the game. Well, of course if you come trying to murder a game dead by defending a 1 point draw then get a goal against, it DOES kinda force you to actually compete - turn up and play in an actual football match.

It's stunning to know that managers still work hard to make *nothing* happen in the greatest entertaining sports profession known.
And they almost always get what they deserve out of it - nothing.
When will they ever learn, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here