Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oriental Pearl in Churchill Square

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can any kind NSCer confirm whether their shop is still open in Churchill Square.

There have really stitched us up over my daughters prom dress, they phoned to say the shop was closing with its last day being the bank holiday monday at the end of May, they rang on the Friday before this and said if we didnt collect the dress they would post it to Bluewater for collection. Having got the dress there are loads of problems with it.

Having rung Bluewater this morning they think the Brighton store is still open so I dont really want to drive over and find it is shut. They are not answering their phone.

If anybody happens to be passing today can you have a look for me.

Thanks in advance.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive clearly been away from UK more than I had realised...

A prom dress?

This is no intent to disrespect the op, but I had no idea there were
proms, never mind dresses to wear at one.....when did this start?

It has been happening for at least last 6 years. It just another way for dress makers to make dress as the dresses are so expensive. Mine was £150 for a floored ruby red one but it will be tight now to get a dress but there are loads of shops that sell them.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
If it's a complete write off, then Coast is the best place to buy prom dresses. Great quality and beautiful dresses.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its shut down been shut for at least a week.

thank you, looks like its might be a trip to bluewater then, but a strong email will be the first step with plenty of photos attached.

If it's a complete write off, then Coast is the best place to buy prom dresses. Great quality and beautiful dresses.

Thanks for the suggestion, but my wife and daugher have already found a (much nicer and slightly cheaper) replacement in eastbourne on friday on the way to the tennis. Thankfully the off the peg fits perfectly as its only 10 days away. The original dress has a lot of minor problems which when all put together makes the dress look shabby.

Ive clearly been away from UK more than I had realised...

A prom dress?

This is no intent to disrespect the op, but I had no idea there were
proms, never mind dresses to wear at one.....when did this start?

Tell me about it, its another one of the americanisms that has come across here to make money for the dress shops/car hirers/dj's/hotels and its one of those things that you cannot say "no you can't go" to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here