Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ordinary boys.....

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
New tune on Radio 1- utter rubbish, i hate that contrived wanker and his gay band-

and his dumb as f***-slag-pig bird. :tosser:

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
Whilst your post is hardly very constructive, as a founding member of the Ordinary Army I hate to admit it but we've definately seen the best of this band. Over The Counter Culture is up there as one of the best debut albums to come out of this country but there was a decline in Brassbound and from hearing three of the new songs at V festival (including the new single) I don't think they'll ever return to the heights of Seaside or Maybe Someday.

Trust me the other two songs I've heard from the new album are truly woeful and it does pain me to say it cos I've loved TOB ever since hearing their first single!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The Ordinary Boys would have been dropped and split if it wasn't for big brother! Brassband was shite and flopped as did that gash single boys will be boys. He goes on Big brother and all of a sudden the single is re released. Thier gigs are like Take that now full of teenage girls screaming :nono:

Shame because the first album was pretty good.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seaside was in my opinion the only decent thing they've done. I have the unfortuante obligation of having to go to an Ordinary Boys concert next month which I am looking forward to about as much as sitting on a plane next to Osama Bin Laden.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I'm going to the Southend gig next month... there's a bit of an Army reunion thing going on which should be good. But if their live performance has slipped like their music has then I doubt I'll be going along again... which is a shame!

The thing that pisses me off about Preston is how he has contradicted what the band were all about by going on big brother and using that to buy success and now he releases all this middle of the road shite in order to keep the big brother fanbase happy... pisses me off no-end.

blueandwhitearmy said:
The thing that pisses me off about Preston is how he has contradicted what the band were all about by going on big brother and using that to buy success and now he releases all this middle of the road shite in order to keep the big brother fanbase happy... pisses me off no-end.

As pissy as it is for everyone else, it's the only way he's going to make his big money. The Ordinary Boys are never going to be chart-toppers so he may as well sell out.

Blur did exactly the same thing with 'The Great Escape'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here