Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ooooooooooo to be Gus Poyet right now,

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
i would hate to be in gus's position right now, not in a bad way...but to have to select the first 11. and formation, who plays where??? lol the defence speaks for itself, so where do you play hoskins, buckley, noone, sparrow, dicker, lua lua, vicente, vincelot, harley. i would be scratching my head with this one!! 4-3-2-1- formation.

Akergren
painter dunk greer calderon

buckley bridcutt harley

vicente noone

mackhail smith

i don't know i'd see how this works.

subs hoskins, lua lua, barnes, dicker, vincelot.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I've given Gus' problem a lot of thought and come to only one logical conclusion

Pick the team out of hat - because whoever comes out - they're gonna stuff the oppo.

:)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
+ we're still in the market for a big target man centre forward....... Starting places and rocking horse shit spring to mind

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Seems an issue now but as the season wears on the teams with the bigger squads will be the ones still up top. We will need all of them and the competition for places will keep the players on their toes

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'd still love to be Gus Poyet. After all that HERO must have his pick of the ladies of Brighton. Certainly I'd let him have a go on my Mrs.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
It's all about player rotation, not playing when carrying an injury,playing a specific team to counter the opposition and competition for places.Gus is getting it spot on so far, and long may it continue.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Can't see him starting with such an attacking team - think Bridcutt and Dicker should be in as holding midfielders, allowing the 4 in front of them to run amok.

So:

Ankergren

Calderon Greer Dunk Painter

Dicker Bridcutt

Harley Noone

CMS Hoskins

Subs; Barnes, Buckley, Lua Lua, Rodriguez, Vincelot

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
I really don't think the secede DOES speak for itself given that El Abd will be back.

on current form, with el abd fit there is no way he's going to walk straight back into the team unless dunk has a couple of stinkers!!! i think the way the 2 centre backs are playing he's going to find it hard.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
on current form, with el abd fit there is no way he's going to walk straight back into the team unless dunk has a couple of stinkers!!! i think the way the 2 centre backs are playing he's going to find it hard.

But we've got 3 games in six days, so there WILL be some squad rotation.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It's a brilliant position for Gus to be in, the only player I'd say who is not replaceable at the moment is Ankergran, every other position on the field we have choices.

Outfield we could play

Calderon Dunk Greer Painter
Bridcutt Dicker
Harley
Barnes CMS Noone

Then again we could play this team of players not included in the above starting team

Vincelot El Abd Elphick Tarrico
Lua Lua Navarro Sparrow Buckley
Hoskins Vicente

The options we have are scary at the moment, so many different combinations of players that could play together and that would keep the oppo manger guessing, plus the different options we'd have coming off the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here