Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only about half our games were on saturday at 3pm

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
This needs to change...3pm games are much more fun staying behind singing and drinking :) I wonder if the club will sort out some of the dates we had to move games from saturday 3pm next season ??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This needs to change...3pm games are much more fun staying behind singing and drinking :) I wonder if the club will sort out some of the dates we had to move games from saturday 3pm next season ??

Totally agree, I don't mind evening games, but there were too many. Prefer 3pm's, getting started early, banter in the pub, getting to the ground, then no rush to get away at the end, drink and a chat in the Brasserie. Lovely.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I must admit that I miss guaranteed Saturday afternoon games but then I love having soccer seven days a week................... can't win can they? :lol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Way too many evening games this season. I much prefer the at 3pm, I wonder if the early finish to the season had something to do with it though, as they had to shoehorn the fixtures in to accommodate, the Euros, olympics etc.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You all joke about the Palace crowds but this is a big issue I think, This season Palace played 54 games with 22 being Midweek (or not Sat) with 14 of those at home!! we all like the midweek games under lights and all that, but driving to South Norwood on a wet Tuesday evening after a day at work is pretty bleak, not only that, you cant take the kids as getting home after 11 is a no no on a school night.

This must, and or will effect BHA as getting the train at 5 on Sat is good fun, getting a train at 10 is not!!

This season, it seems that more and more games have been midweek and TBH it puts me off.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Blimey I agree with a palace fan !!!! Satutrdays is when we should be playing, easier for most including all the kids

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Happy with either. Good to have an early start Saturday and when its sunny The Swan is a great place for a few pre match beers. That said the evenings games are good because i don't get ear ache from The War Office for not spending enough time with her and football ruling our lives etc etc :rave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think our situation is possibly different to other clubs as at least 2 games were moved due to the shared university facilities.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think our situation is possibly different to other clubs as at least 2 games were moved due to the shared university facilities.

The OP's point was that the club should try to be better organised, with those dates - I.e. inform the league we can't have home games scheduled for those weekends, so we don't end up shifting them to Friday night / Sunday evening.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I prefer Saturday 3pm but the odd evening game is inevitable. For a couple of the most recent ones I managed to start and finish work early and get down to The Amex in time for a beer or two. However I also missed a midweek game because I couldn't get away from work on time.

What does MACK ME OFF is when a game is changed at fairly late notice. I missed West Ham and Cardiff because of this - I could have gone on both their original dates.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Have you thought about posting stuff on a forum where people might care whether you can be bothered to support your tin pot outfit.

Just thought it might be quite good to hear what other clubs fans think....and was there any need for your coment? as it was not about the subject matter, but more about your skills as a keyboard hard nut!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Saturday 3pms were fairly plentiful in the second half of the season. In the first half of the season there was a couple of months when we didn't have a Saturday 3pm kick-off at all. That seemed odd.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Saturday 3pms were fairly plentiful in the second half of the season. In the first half of the season there was a couple of months when we didn't have a Saturday 3pm kick-off at all. That seemed odd.

4 of the last 7 home games, were 7.45pm

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Clearly it would have been good if the club had been organised to request away games on the dates we had Hull and Barnsley at home, so they wouldn't have had to have been moved ( to later on Saturday, and Sunday respectively ). Even if they didn't know about the University problem for the Hull game, I would have thought bonfire night at Lewes may just have been flagged up as 'problematic' at an early stage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here