Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 8000 to see Reading.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's a significant expense for what amounts to a kickabout and he'll make a shed load of money from this anyway - money he probably doesn't need. I can't get too upset on his behalf if the gate is 8,000.

It's not really about the money as far as I'm concerned. To me he was one of my favourite players/characters over the past 20 years, people should want to go to bid him an official farewell. FDM saw of more challenges for the number 1 shirt than any other albion goalkeeper and always came out the other side.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
8000 is a bit disappointing but a lot more that OGH and Kerry Mayo had in for their testimonials.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As I understand it Reading are only asking for their travel costs which is peanuts, petrol fare basically.

As an aside Chelsea got something like 50% of the gate receipts. Yes MEGABUCKS Chelsea.

ALSO Michel did want a dutch team BUT someone like AJAX wanted stupid money to come and all the luxury trappings as well 5* hotels etc.

Source one of FDMS testimonial committee.

the goatee one?

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Anyone reckon the gate would've been higher if the match had been against Crawley?

yes and Crawley would have more supporters there - I cant see Reading bringing many - where are they putting the away supporters tonight , maybe the seats behind the players!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
People are wrong to criticise the club for organising the Chelsea game. Would have been ridiculous to turn it down.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's a significant expense for what amounts to a kickabout and he'll make a shed load of money from this anyway - money he probably doesn't need. I can't get too upset on his behalf if the gate is 8,000.

It won't be a kick about. Gus has already said that this will be a true test for his first team squad and Reading won't want to be humiliated as Chelsea were on Saturday. If the Albion side was going to be full of old has beens from the past then I would agree. This will be competitive!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It won't be a kick about. Gus has already said that this will be a true test for his first team squad and Reading won't want to be humiliated as Chelsea were on Saturday. If the Albion side was going to be full of old has beens from the past then I would agree. This will be competitive!

Because it's my first ever visit to the Amex I am hoping for a good competitive game with a sprinkling of the past all set to a soundtrack from Wiley (a man I had never heard of until the weekend by the way)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

How much do you think he earns a week at Crawley? Also, you realise his career will be coming to an end pretty shortly, at the grand old age of 38? I'm sure the money will be very useful.

Also yep, definitely not a kickabout. Last proper friendly before the season starts, Gus has stated he will be taking it very seriously.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
there must be mre than that looking at the availability on the site, the West is practically full and the central stands on the North look pretty much full up.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
unfortunately I cant attend the match tonight, the travel on mid week games and the early departure of the last train from Clapham mean even league games are a chore to attend mid week.

Gutted, would have loved to show my support & grattitude to FDM for his outstanding service, I still remember that double save against Wolves!

Best of luck tonight Michel, and all the best for the future. I hope your sterling work for Albion in the Community continues for many years to come, a true Albion legend!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also yep, definitely not a kickabout. Last proper friendly before the season starts, Gus has stated he will be taking it very seriously.

THIS

Its basically the first team with Michel in goal. As FDM said this isnt ex players doing keepy uppy for 90 mins.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Really disappointed in the attendance to be honest, I don’t care if it is only Reading, I would have gone had it been against Yeading just for the chance to finally see the Former Dutch Marine play at Falmer.

I guess we are now in the minority, people who would much rather acclaim a true Brighton Legend than watch Chelsea, people who never get on Ashley Barnes’s back but instead sit back and think how much better he is than Mahoney-Johnson or Andy Kennedy, people who don’t mind queuing 10 minutes for a quality pie whilst regaling each other with stories of the after effects of a Goldstone Burger.

You will find us at every home game, even now one year after the dream was realised staring open mouthed in wonder of the place rather than whinging about 50p beer price increases and queues for the train.

So it is left to us to salute the legend, we few, we happy few, we band of brothers!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really disappointed in the attendance to be honest, I don’t care if it is only Reading, I would have gone had it been against Yeading just for the chance to finally see the Former Dutch Marine play at Falmer.

I guess we are now in the minority, people who would much rather acclaim a true Brighton Legend than watch Chelsea, people who never get on Ashley Barnes’s back but instead sit back and think how much better he is than Mahoney-Johnson or Andy Kennedy, people who don’t mind queuing 10 minutes for a quality pie whilst regaling each other with stories of the after effects of a Goldstone Burger.

You will find us at every home game, even now one year after the dream was realised staring open mouthed in wonder of the place rather than whinging about 50p beer price increases and queues for the train.

So it is left to us to salute the legend, we few, we happy few, we band of brothers!

Great post :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

:clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here