Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 8000 to see Reading.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's a significant expense for what amounts to a kickabout and he'll make a shed load of money from this anyway - money he probably doesn't need. I can't get too upset on his behalf if the gate is 8,000.

I don't for one begrudge him making a bit of extra cash but times are hard for many people and it does come too soon after the Chelsea game. Personally, i always struggle with friendlies as i just can't get excited about a a game that has nothing on it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
does anyone know if the WSU is being used tonight?

Saw somewhere on here that the visiting Reading fans will be up there, although they arent bringing many.

Update on the Brighton station problem, all sorted. One of those trucks which empties the trains toilet tanks went off the platform and onto the tracks at Platform 6 - pic below -

AzsdoRfCcAAbAzy.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
he'll make a shed load of money from this anyway - money he probably doesn't need. I can't get too upset on his behalf if the gate is 8,000.

I would imagine that matchday costs as they are, that a crowd of 8,000 will barely make a profit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If its true that Kuipers chose Reading as the opposition then he wants his head checking, but the club are still totally out of order for stitching him up with a Chelsea fixture 4 days earlier.

Totally this. Really very poor.

FDM deserves better. I have no interest in the game at all, but want to see him get some reward for his time with us. The man was a legend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
FDM will start, then be subbed (or sent off for coming out too slowly and catching someone!) then come back on near the end.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's a significant expense for what amounts to a kickabout and he'll make a shed load of money from this anyway - money he probably doesn't need. I can't get too upset on his behalf if the gate is 8,000.

When the Dutch fella is going to have to face a bunch of bills which need paying when there's a reasonable chance of him not breaking even, I'm sure he'll appreciate your misanthropy.

I'm just thankful for his sake that the P&R isn't running - that would have been another fortune for him to shell out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When the Dutch fella is going to have to face a bunch of bills which need paying when there's a reasonable chance of him not breaking even, I'm sure he'll appreciate your misanthropy.

I'm just thankful for his sake that the P&R isn't running - that would have been another fortune for him to shell out.
According to wikipedia, "Misanthropy is the general hatred, mistrust or disdain of the human species or human nature."

Where have I displayed anything like this then? I'm not going because I can't justify the time or expense for a meaningless friendly, and it really is that simple. If I lived in Brighton it may have been different.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
According to wikipedia, "Misanthropy is the general hatred, mistrust or disdain of the human species or human nature."

Where have I displayed anything like this then? I'm not going because I can't justify the time or expense for a meaningless friendly, and it really is that simple. If I lived in Brighton it may have been different.

Your disdain for human nature came across as someone being cynical about someone else on the back of something that isn't necessarily true.

i.e. '...he'll make a shedload of money - money he probably doesn't need...'

One, he won't make a shedload of money. How so? The figures don't stack up.
Two, how do you know he doesn't need it? Was he on such silly wages at the Albion that he doesn't need to work any more?

It's fair enough if it's a palaver to get there for you, but don't create scenarios to suit your own argument.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your disdain for human nature came across as someone being cynical about someone else on the back of something that isn't necessarily true.

i.e. '...he'll make a shedload of money - money he probably doesn't need...'

One, he won't make a shedload of money. How so? The figures don't stack up.
Two, how do you know he doesn't need it? Was he on such silly wages at the Albion that he doesn't need to work any more?

It's fair enough if it's a palaver to get there for you, but don't create scenarios to suit your own argument.
So the problem is that I used the word "shedload"?

I know you're the most embarrassing club apologist on the board, so how about you just read my original post as this:

"It's a significant expense for what amounts to a kickabout and he'll make a bit of money from this anyway, and a gate of 8,000 is more than ever watched him at an Albion home game whilst he played for the club so it's not too bad really.

And perhaps you could avoid getting so stroppy over nothing by accusing me of misanthropy?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Update on the Brighton station problem, all sorted.

All sorted? As in 'the problem has been resolved and trains are back to normal'

The Southern website still has it down as delays to and from Brighton

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
All sorted? As in 'the problem has been resolved and trains are back to normal'

The Southern website still has it down as delays to and from Brighton

Was a bit premature, ignore that. Heard that it was sorted from a text, but it actually isnt - i hang my head in shame. Just minor delays though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I genuinely thought the club would pay the matchday costs as their contribution. A bit poor if they dont offset at least some, if not all of the cost???
So did I. On the other hand, matchday costs are presumably much higher than they were at Withdean. I should imagine he was offered the chance to have it at Withdean wasn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here