Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Online orders

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Need help from NSC....

Ordered something off ebay, and got a message to say it has been delivered. Only problem is, its not been delivered to mine or my neighbours (yes I have checked).

Contacted both dpd and eBay, and both have said there is nothing they can do and the case is closed as it has been delivered, with picture proof. The picture looks nothing like my neighbours doorways, or my own.

Any suggestions on what I can do now?

papachris

From what you have said it must be 109% a delivery problem.
I am sure that when deliveries are made it shows a pin on the map. At least for the management of the delivery company. I used to work for royal mail and when the delivery person presses the button for delivered it marks with pin or co ordinates.
I am sure DPD must use a similar technology as human error/ mistakes can happen. Don't let them fob you off. Try to speak to the person in charge of the delivery office that it came from.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Need help from NSC....

Ordered something off ebay, and got a message to say it has been delivered. Only problem is, its not been delivered to mine or my neighbours (yes I have checked).

Contacted both dpd and eBay, and both have said there is nothing they can do and the case is closed as it has been delivered, with picture proof. The picture looks nothing like my neighbours doorways, or my own.

Any suggestions on what I can do now?
DPD seem to think they've successfully delivered if they take a photo of the parcel lying in the hallway of a random property in the same postcode. Have had that happen with these shysters multiple times in the past. Follow it up as a non-delivery, pure and simple

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
From what you have said it must be 109% a delivery problem.
I am sure that when deliveries are made it shows a pin on the map. At least for the management of the delivery company. I used to work for royal mail and when the delivery person presses the button for delivered it marks with pin or co ordinates.
I am sure DPD must use a similar technology as human error/ mistakes can happen. Don't let them fob you off. Try to speak to the person in charge of the delivery office that it came from.
Interesting, as I said in another reply the dpd tracker said it was delivered in Burgess Hill but also had my correct address in Shoreham on the same tracker page

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The delivery issue sits with DPD as that’s who’s contracted to deliver

Ask for proof that they have delivered to your address. All of their vans have GPS trackers so they can check the specifics

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've sold stuff on eBay and the buyer has claimed not delivered.

Last one was a football shirt, sent 2nd class Royal Mail.
I keep the Proof of Postage which has the tracking / barcode on it.
Buyer contacted me so I called RM who (eventually - long call-wait time) confirmed item had been delivered (gave date & time) to the address per the label (buyer confirmed as correct).

Buyer raised a "not received" claim on eBay but after I reconfirmed the RM details they realised nothing the seller (me) or the carrier could do.
No idea if the item ever turned up ....

papachris

Interesting, as I said in another reply the dpd tracker said it was delivered in Burgess Hill but also had my correct address in Shoreham on the same tracker page
Definitely something not right there. Have you looked in Google maps if there is a similar road name to yours in Burgess Hill. It could well be that it's been sent to the wrong delivery office in the first place, then the delivery person only read the first line of the address and it was delivered to the wrong place (town)
If I remember correctly, as I no longer live in the UK, Burgess Hill would be a RH postcode but Shoreham is BN. So another possibility is that the rest of the postcode was the same but the sender got this wrong on the address label.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
The delivery issue sits with DPD as that’s who’s contracted to deliver

Ask for proof that they have delivered to your address. All of their vans have GPS trackers so they can check the specifics

I'll try that, and ask about the GPS as the picture they sent,looks nothing like my building or my neighbours

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Definitely something not right there. Have you looked in Google maps if there is a similar road name to yours in Burgess Hill. It could well be that it's been sent to the wrong delivery office in the first place, then the delivery person only read the first line of the address and it was delivered to the wrong place (town)
If I remember correctly, as I no longer live in the UK, Burgess Hill would be a RH postcode but Shoreham is BN. So another possibility is that the rest of the postcode was the same but the sender got this wrong on the address label.
Yep, nothing even remotely close to my address or postcode shows in or around burgess hill

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Go into your order on eBay and initiate a refund Process for non-delivery.

If you paid by pay pal initiate a claim there too.

Legally, the onus is on the seller to deliver the item and it is not delivered until you are handed it or it has been left in a designated safe place with your complicit agreement.

The seller will need to lodge a claim with the courier who is liable for the loss.

You have no legal standing to take this up with the courier as there is no contractual relationship between you.

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
How did you pay? I typically use PayPal for eBay and they have always refunded without any fuss including in almost identical circumstances.

The only case I never got refunded was an Amazon parcel that I had delivered to Hurst Green Post Office for collection The Post Office was burgled before I could pick it up and none of Amazon, the Post Office or the payments company would accept liability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here