Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One reason why BHAFC cannot have Falmer

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
This is from www.falmer.org We cannot have a stadium at Falmer because-

Village teas are served every Sunday between the first Sunday in May and the last Sunday in September from 2.30pm until 5 p.m. in the Village Hall by the pond. Tea, coffee, drinks and mouth watering home made cakes served by the village ladies – proceeds for the upkeep of the village hall and church. Relax and enjoy the village atmosphere and cakes like mother used to make.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:lolol: seriosuly? We cant have Falmer because it'd interfere with afternoon tea! :lolol: Not sure wether to laugh or cry to be honest!

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I hope the bats don't get into the scones.

Yoda

English & European
eek2.gif

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Vlad the Impala said:
I hope the bats don't get into the scones.

go to links...

Related Links

The Society of Sussex Downsmen
Council for Protection of Rural England
The South Downs National Park
Sussex Churches
Bat Conservation
Falmer

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Also how many games last season did we play at home on a Sunday? Not one. They can still have their tea and cake.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It says on there:
"The club will in fact have another 2000 seats at Withdean next season bringing the capacity up to 9,000. It will be interesting to see if they can fill these seats. "
Perhaps they know something we don't.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rangdo said:
It says on there:
"The club will in fact have another 2000 seats at Withdean next season bringing the capacity up to 9,000. It will be interesting to see if they can fill these seats. "
Perhaps they know something we don't.

or perhaps their website is out of date.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Biscuit said:
or perhaps their website is out of date.

I know, that was the point. Theres no sarcasm smiley.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
harry_h said:
This is from www.falmer.org We cannot have a stadium at Falmer because-

Village teas are served every Sunday between the first Sunday in May and the last Sunday in September from 2.30pm until 5 p.m. in the Village Hall by the pond. Tea, coffee, drinks and mouth watering home made cakes served by the village ladies – proceeds for the upkeep of the village hall and church. Relax and enjoy the village atmosphere and cakes like mother used to make.

No problems, Harry H. I'm a granny and could become quite partial to Sunday afternoon teas by a duck pond. For our cause, I would happily purchase a twin set and pearls and become the NSC spy, the agent provacateur, mingling with the biddies of Falmer in an effort uncover their strategy for defeating the nasty football club. My name's Bond ..... Trish Bond.....:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Hack it , Yes !
Bring it down , Yes !
But why ?
It is really a good thing for us. Lets face it, it is a poor representation, with very few , if any valid arguements.

Just go through the pictures and see how they have taken evrything from the best possible angle, but even then failed to get shots without the street lights in the middle of a field !? and a dirty great lorry, not spoiling the view or the noise levels.

We do not need to sabotage them, they will do it themselves.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ooh, someone with a Sun avatar *not* inciting techno violence. I thought all Sun-heads were beardies who loved messing with other peoples stuff

*says the BeOS user and OpenBeOS contributor*

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Re: Re: One reason why BHAFC cannot have Falmer

Trish said:
No problems, Harry H. I'm a granny and could become quite partial to Sunday afternoon teas by a duck pond. For our cause, I would happily purchase a twin set and pearls and become the NSC spy, the agent provacateur, mingling with the biddies of Falmer in an effort uncover their strategy for defeating the nasty football club. My name's Bond ..... Trish Bond.....:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: One reason why BHAFC cannot have Falmer

Trish said:

I'll come with you Trish. Grannies United will never be defeated :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
QUOTE: 2. The Falmer site is designated an area of outstanding natural beauty. Falmer village and it's surrounding areas is well used by visitors, walkers and others seeking a rural respite from town and traffic. Once developed the site will be lost forever. A modern football stadium will not blend into the rolling Downland. We know, we've been to look at new stadiums in other towns. Don't let artist's impressions of an idyllic stadium, without people, traffic or noise etc., fool you. The real thing with 20,000 to 25,000 people (35,000 at pop concerts etc.), their cars and other transport and associated problems, added to already heavy traffic in the area, will have a major negative impact on Falmer village and the rural aspect enjoyed by so many. "Like when Guns "n Roses play at Falmer? :shootself

they are currently in the lower half of the third division and out of the FA cup) , the council and it's partners could be left with a financially loss making development - taxpayers to foot the bill. A number of the football league's lower division clubs including Portsmouth, Swindon and Crystal Palace are struggling financially and may not survive ..... "UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE!!!!!"

WANKERS!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here