Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One problem I have with Falmer.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Not that I can't wait and think the ground will look top class, but I do wish we had a big(ish) stand behind the goal where all the noise is made. I wonder if Falmer will be as loud as we're hoping? I know its designed to maintain the noise, but that just means its a very good medium. We are the noise makers and we will determine what the atmosphere will be. With current evidence of noise made by Albion fans watching from the width of the pitch (at home) compared to when we're behind the goal (away games and home at the Goldstone) its obvious to see where we're at our best. Both stands behind the goals look small, I'll imagine one for the away support and the other for the last resort tickets.
Does anyone know if the expansion of Falmer if ever required would include modifying the roofs and raising certain stands or would it be simply joining the corners together with seats making a more bowl shape arena inside? (any pics?)
Oh yeah my other problem is the pitch have you seen it! bloody joke! how are the players gonna ever play on that! it makes Colchesters pitch look good not to mention Withdeans.:angry:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Maybe our more boisterous fans should be sitting next to the away section, like the old days?:thumbsup:

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
I heard that the north stand is going to be for away fans, that cant be true surely? and on that note where will most people be buying their season tickets? i wanna be where the atmosphere is but not something like the current H block at withdean.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The away section is next to the bus park.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
2500 sceaming fans in the North stand should generate an excellent atmosphere I reckon with the low roof.
The west stand is HUGE and although it's likely to house the less vocal support with perhaps the exception of the top tier, it should still create a decent noise.

I think the East stand will have the poorest accoustics and atmosphere, given the distance to the roof and therefore could benefit from being named as the family stand.

Finally, the away end with decent vocal support will probably be the source of most of the noise. The thought of 2500 Leeds fans or the like cramming into the South stand singing their hearts out is a mouthwatering prospect.

Will the atmosphere at Falmer be poor? Ultimately its up to the fans but i'm confident it will be fantastic and that Brighton away will be one of the fixtures away fans look forward too the most whatever division we find ourselves in.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The key to noise is to get those that want to sing grouped in close proximety. This is what happens when we go away and we all know the noise levels we can raise then.

So, when Falmer season tickets go on sale for the first time, its crucial the club identify an area for the singers so that people who want to sing buy their season tickets in that section and those that don't want to sing won't have to moan about how noisy it was in their stand.

Also key to this is making sure there is a section very close to the season ticket singing section for the pay as you go fans (to much to hope for pay on the gate). Then we have a great recipe for left-side / right side as well as all the other chants we enjoy.

Insider - make it happen [please]

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The key to noise is to get those that want to sing grouped in close proximety. This is what happens when we go away and we all know the noise levels we can raise then.

So, when Falmer season tickets go on sale for the first time, its crucial the club identify an area for the singers so that people who want to sing buy their season tickets in that section and those that don't want to sing won't have to moan about how noisy it was in their stand.

Also key to this is making sure there is a section very close to the season ticket singing section for the pay as you go fans (to much to hope for pay on the gate). Then we have a great recipe for left-side / right side as well as all the other chants we enjoy.

Exactly, I'm worrying about buying a season ticket and ending up somewhere where nobody sings. It would be good if they told you what part of the stadium to go if you want to sing.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The bit that I do not like the look of is the bland concrete slopes in each corner. Makes the stands look smaller and a bit micky mouse

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

The problem with labelling a singing section is it will attract all the goons . I think it's best to not label a singing section and let fans pick.

Personally I think the atmosphere at Falmer will be in the East near the away fans, it may take a season or so for this to happen though.

The one thing Withdean probably has done for us is for the majority given us a good view . I can't see a lot of people tossing this off to be behind a goal. Most peoples thinking will be that it will be an improvement on withdean noise wise wherever you sit so may as well have a decent view as well.

I'm thinking I will be East or West by away fans + I'd consider myself a singer and song starter

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It would be good if everywhere sang!

When people have asked Insider which stand will be the singing stand his response has been 'everywhere' which is maybe a predictable response but IMO a little naive. Modern football has changed dramatically and sadly for many clubs, people willing to sing and create an atmosphere are in the minority, this isn't me having a pop at less vocal supporters, each to their own and all that.

I think the most effective way of creating a decent atmosphere would be market the North and upper west stand as singing stands and therfore bunch the noise makers together. This would also create less conflict between fans who prefer a different matchday experience, for example a bunch of nosiy 20 years olds standing and screaming in front of those who prefer to sit and watch the game whilst chatting to friends.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
The problem with labelling a singing section is it will attract all the goons . I think it's best to not label a singing section and let fans pick.

Personally I think the atmosphere at Falmer will be in the East near the away fans, it may take a season or so for this to happen though.

The one thing Withdean probably has done for us is for the majority given us a good view . I can't see a lot of people tossing this off to be behind a goal. Most peoples thinking will be that it will be an improvement on withdean noise wise wherever you sit so may as well have a decent view as well.

I'm thinking I will be East or West by away fans + I'd consider myself a singer and song starter

I agree having a singing section is proper gay

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i was hoping we would sort it out on here. do an OFFICIAL POLL then we can come to a consensus, right?

we have a fairly novel, even unique, opportunity to sort out a vocal core.

consider myself big singer/minor starter/wag

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Every clubs singers congregate behind the goal, the North Stand will be the lively one.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
tbh the club can't really tell us now what is going to be the noisiest area of the ground. This will just be made / adapted in time by supporters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here