Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of our problems is a lack of a settled team line-up.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
How many times this season have we fielded the same team for consecutive games? Any?

I honestly believe that is one of our biggest problems. How can the team get used to playing together when there are constant changes?

I know we've had more than our share of injuries and suspensions, but I really think Gus chops and changes the team far too often. I'm beginning to think he really doesn't know his preferred line-up.

Example 1: Navarro has been doing OK in central midfield. Suddenly he brings Sparrow back.
Example 2. Noone is clearly a better player than KLL, but today KLL starts and Noone is on the bench ... and then comes on for A MOM display.

punter

Nov 4, 2011
very good point although part of the reason for our constant changes is our poor discipline.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think he didn't start Noone today to give him the kick up the arse he needs, I reckon we'll see some good performances from him against Coventry and Saints.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think he didn't start Noone today to give him the kick up the arse he needs, I reckon we'll see some good performances from him against Coventry and Saints.

Kick up the arse for what? Consistently being our best player?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kick up the arse for what? Consistently being our best player?

He hasn't been quite as effective for these last few games, just my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We didn't play the same line up every game last season either. We play according to the opposition or whoever is available.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And the reason for that is our poor discipline, and that rests at poyet and taricos feet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here