Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One in five men know how to get a gun. Do you?

Do you know how to get a gun?

• Yes I do

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • No I don't

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • You want a gun? You can borrow mine.

Votes: 6 7.5%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not a clue, however if I actually wanted one I am sure it would not take that long to get one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
just goto hackney or brixton and find the nearest 'local'

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"One in five men know how to get a gun."

That's not what the story says; it says that 18 percent claimed they knew where to get a gun. I'm sure that there will be some men who answered 'yes' to that question thinking it would make them look big but wouldn't actually have a clue.

Short of stopping men in the street and asking them to bring back a gun next day, I'm not sure how you could assess the veracity of these claims but it strikes me that this survey is rather nonsensical.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I voted "No", but I reckon if I actaully tried I probably could get one.

I agree with Gwylan, this is complete rubbish.

They were talking about this on FiveLive this morning, and had someone in trying to rubbish the figures (I forget who, it was just as I was waking up). While he mentioned what Gwylan said, he unfortunately chose a rather more flawed argument for his main opposition.

"This can't be true. Government estimates put the number of guns 5 years ago at 1 million. If this was true, that would mean that there would be 8 million guns in circulation; we'd be swamped in gun crime."

:thud: Just because someone says they 'can' get a gun
a) does not mean they can
b) does not mean they all will at exactly the same time
c) does not suggest that the person they know has enough guns to stock everyone with firearms

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is there not an eBay "guns" category? and does joining the army count as knowing how to get a gun?

"One in five men know how to get a gun."

That's not what the story says; it says that 18 percent claimed they knew where to get a gun. I'm sure that there will be some men who answered 'yes' to that question thinking it would make them look big but wouldn't actually have a clue.

Short of stopping men in the street and asking them to bring back a gun next day, I'm not sure how you could assess the veracity of these claims but it strikes me that this survey is rather nonsensical.

Very true. I have no idea where I could put my hands on a gun in the next 24 hours, excepting a gun collector I know who actually has amongst other guns a 16th century arquebus which is inscribed with koranic verses, but I do know someone - as I suspect many people do - someone who could me if I really required it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
a 16th century arquebus
Now, it's the use of words like ARQUEBUS that make NSC such a recurringly wonderful place. And anyone who disagrees can kiss my arqebus.

"So, an ARQUEBUS, indeed, if you will. Is it really a early Roman form of public transport? Or a smell drinking vessel from the court of Louis XIV? Frank?"

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would'nt even know where to start looking for a gun but then again I hav'nt really got a use for one.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yep. Over here you bash a policeman over the head with a dustbin lid and nick his. Easy!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I use a gun most days through my job.

If i wanted to "borrow" one to commit a crime,it would not be too difficult.The chances of me getting away with it though are pretty much ZILCH though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here