Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
At least you said average and not poor. :p

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I think Carpenter, Oatway and Virgo are individually okay .... we really miss Simon Rodger to destroy and break things down.

It's at the back I worry ... Butters is not mobile enough, El Abd is beaten for pace and that poor kid Jones looked like he was gonna let a goal in everytime the ball came near him ....

Reckon with Roberts, Blackwell and Rodger back we would be a different outfit

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:
I think Carpenter, Oatway and Virgo are individually okay .... we really miss Simon Rodger to destroy and break things down.

It's at the back I worry ... Butters is not mobile enough, El Abd is beaten for pace and that poor kid Jones looked like he was gonna let a goal in everytime the ball came near him ....

Reckon with Roberts, Blackwell and Rodger back we would be a different outfit

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You can't just point a finger at the midfield. The team as a whole didn't play together and Chippy, Virgo, Oatway are hardly the most creative.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Jake R has incredible vision for a kid and great passing skill ... wonder if that is where he may fin dhis best role in the centre of midfield with destroyers like Oatway and Rodger either side of him ... ... shite just realised they'll be retired by then!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I feel sorry for Carpenter he cab easily hold his own in div 1 as he showed last season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Midfield needs someone with a bit of flair who can take people on, at the moment they're all looking a bit slow and doddery.

If only we'd signed Sidwell!

Or been able to keep Yeates for longer. He has more creativity in his small toe than our entire midfield put together.

:D

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Surely we already have an average midfield - don't need to buy another....

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Zebedee said:
Or been able to keep Yeates for longer. He has more creativity in his small toe than our entire midfield put together.

:D
So creative that he never set up any chances. His corners were dreadful and he couldn't pass. His only asset was that he could dribble.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All our midfielders are defensive type players, there's nobody to create anything for the strikers, or even drive forward and have a go at goal themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here