Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On Wed when Bellamy went

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
over to take that corner and the North/west corners gave him stick did you see him look at the soles of his boots as though he had shit on them in retort?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can say what you like about the 'hated' players like Bellamy and Barton, but they're got an inner engine and fire in the belly that means they keep getting the high-paid gigs despite being booed like pantomime villains by losers. Bellamy was excellent on Wednesday.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You can say what you like about the 'hated' players like Bellamy and Barton, but they're got an inner engine and fire in the belly that means they keep getting the high-paid gigs despite being booed like pantomime villains by losers. Bellamy was excellent on Wednesday.

I agree thought he was brilliant and the "what's that smell? is it shit on my boots ? " thing was lost on most giving him abuse

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I also noticed at end of game wen one of the brighton players went up to shake hands etc that he refused too..i think it was barnes...against that he had a hug with lua lua (newcastle connection?)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He's good value - seems not only to invite stick from opposition fans but to relish it. He had a great game against us so we're kidding ourselves if we think we got to him.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have always struggled with the players not being able to retort to abuse. If you give a player
pelters for 90 mins, then they have a bit of banter back everyone goes mental. Then it's often the
same people saying 'there are no characters left in the game'.

Joey Barton giving the Wolves fans the 3-0 signal was hysterical and if he was playing for my team
I'd love him for it.

Football fans are so bloody precious. I do have one exception of course and 'if the player whom can't be named'
scores and puts five fingers above his head like a stupid f*cking chicken I will go mental

May 21, 2004
Preston Park
Bellamy was one of only three Liverpool players who went over to sign autographs before they got on the coach after the game, and spent a couple of minutes - he hasn't lost touch with us like a lot of them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To be honest I think Barton and Bellamy keep getting signed because they're good at football, I'm not convinced this has a great deal to do with their thoughtlessly violent personalities. After all, look at all the far better footballers who aren't like that.

Interesting to read that he refused to shake Barnes' hand, after he tried to start a fight with Barnes over nothing during the game. You could see throughout why he's had so much trouble in his past.

An odd man with problems. Or just chronically stupid. Or both.

But he's a footballer, rather than any other profession imaginable, so he's just passionate, wearing his heart on his sleeve, giving 110% etc etc

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The problem with Bellamy is not with his football - it must be something with how he gets on with other people.

Every time he has moved on it seems to be after a fall out over something. Perhaps he disrupts the team over the long run? It appeared to be that at Man City and Baardiff.

On another tack I cant be arsed to abuse Murray - He played for us had good spells and bad spell but his bad spells always made me think he wouldnt cut it with Gus and the Championship. Going to Palarse was stupid in any event let alone going from us to them. Abusing him might actually make him feel I cared now which i don't. Its certainly not a Luis Figo "loved you so much we hate you so much" situation.

In fact are there any Albion players who fit that bill ever? Hammond?? (not me)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here