Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the subject of atmosphere, or lack of it at home

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I went down to the john smiths stadium to watch Huddersfield v Wednesday before later heading to the pub to watch our hopeless performance yesterday. You would think for a yorkshire derby where Wednesday filled the away end and made plenty of noise may get the home fans revved up but no, Huddersfield fans hardly made a sound and when they did it was only to give Grayson some stick or berate the ref. So it's not just our lot that reamain almost mute for 80 mins, I say 80 minutes as even with the game at 0-0 half the town fans where leaving like rats from a sinking ship. Believe me it's not just us where it happens.
I think we really need to stop worrying about this ay least we are getting people through the gate paying the money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The rules are:

1. Home fans are largely quiet.
2. Away fans are largely noisy.
3. Away fans refer to home fans as "the worst support we've ever seen", displaying a blind spot when it comes to their own home support.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The rules are:

3. Away fans refer to home fans as "the worst support we've ever seen", displaying a blind spot when it comes to their own home support.

Exactly and i bet when we go to Hillsborough in a few weeks those same Wednesday fans will be like church mice

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Another thing with Huddersfield they seem to have topped out home support wise at about 13000 whoever they are playing. At least we are getting far more than that

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The Amex atmosphere seems to be judged against the first few games of last season when it was rocking. We were never likely to keep that up. Compared to most new grounds it's pretty good most weeks I'd say.

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012
The rules are:

That is very true indeed. Just ask Watford.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The rules are:

This being true, it somewhat dispels the idea that crowd atmosphere has a big bearing on how the game goes. Otherwise away teams would win most matches.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
i think it comes down to the fact that most people at home games would like to sit and watch a game of football rather than spend 90 minutes jumping around and shouting.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The rules are:

The away stand should have bee situated next to the North to help create banter,would also be easy to kettle palace amd millwall to the station and onwards

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I assume your not in the North then and would rather everyone sat and was quiet ?

Is this Paul Barber ??

i should have mentioned that i am in the 'singing and shouting' group on this matter...but was merely pointing out the attitude of the average football fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here