Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympics or holidays

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
with the Olympics covering the first two weeks of August, noticed that prices are good ish, but jump like hell the day after the closing ceremony.

Are you going to avoid the Olympics and arrange holidays in this period, maybe just miss a week or stay at home for the whole couple of weeks?

We have to make a quick decision at work as they are being very selective about dates you can take as we have to have all of our sites fully manned 24 hours a day during the period in case of terrorism.

Has your work banned leave? I know a policeman who can't take leave from march to October

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are away 2nd week, going to the good old US of A

And no leave can be authorised but have taken a gamble as Boris wants us all to WFH

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Both - I have the last week of July off work as a shutdown but managed to get tickets for the football at Wembley on Sunday 29 and Hockey on the Saturday 4th August so am looking to go away somewhere inbetween. I have thought that because the season starts later next year then the pre-season tour might be during that week so that could be an option, but more likely head to a country that I havn't been to before.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are working from home on holiday? Give us a job!

Ha, nice thought but no thanks

What I meant was Boris has written to all firms in Central London advising he expects a significant amount of staff to be working from home during the Olympics

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
WIth tickets to the footy, holiday can be taken elsewhere during the close season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
WIth tickets to the footy, holiday can be taken elsewhere during the close season.

Not if you are limited to school holidays due to the mrs' job

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
The Olympics are about as high up my list as wiping my arse with razor blades. Holiday prices abroad are cheaper when they are on? I'm getting the hell out of here during that time then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Doh, I have kids and thus wont be taking holiday in the close season but the actual season. :facepalm:

sorry I didnt understand your original comment.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We're going to go on holiday during the Olympics, but are going on a road trip around the England and Scotland. This way
we won't miss out on the coverage, but will also not be overly bombarded with it

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Didnt regsiter with us at the time, we fly out to Orlando on 27th July (day of opening cermamony), only realised recently when questioning why hotels are Gatwick are so expensive.

I will have to watch the cycling road race somewhere in Disney.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
visting for the olympics ..hoping for a home game on the second saturday in august
League season starts Saturday 18th August...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Working at the Olympics so probably no

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here