Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Tickets

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would guess May or June time (unless they use the same system the club do then it'll be October)

Edit: Actually that was a good guess

When will I find out what tickets I have got?
Everyone should have been notified by June 24 if they have tickets and which events and price categories they have got.

You will not, however, find out your seating plans or numbers until May or June 2012 when tickets are mailed out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im still MACKED off I didnt get any. Not one. Zip. Nada. Yet they are desperate for me to buy one for the Paralympics. Might have done if they had got me AT LEAST one. And it wasnt as if I just wanted 100m final tix either.

Olympics can f*** off and Im ANNOYED that my f***ing annual rail ticket is increasing shitloads to pay for the transport infrastructure that Im NEVER going to use.

WANKERS.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i applied for para olympics in the end as missed out on Olympics and wanna go see some things, should find out in next couple of weeks if i got tickets for the events i want. Which im sure i will as i cant see many people wanting to watch Disabled Archers.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Im still MACKED off I didnt get any. Not one. Zip. Nada. Yet they are desperate for me to buy one for the Paralympics. Might have done if they had got me AT LEAST one. And it wasnt as if I just wanted 100m final tix either.

Olympics can f*** off and Im ANNOYED that my f***ing annual rail ticket is increasing shitloads to pay for the transport infrastructure that Im NEVER going to use.

WANKERS.

What did you apply for? 1m more on sale next Spring and if you got no tickets in the first ballot you may well get priority in that one.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Did you see that news yesterday that the security over drink is going to be the same as for airports? Ridiculous. No more than 100ml. You're not going on a flight, you're watching a sporting event. A shameless attempt to use security to make you buy overpriced food and drink.

They tell you 2012 is for the kids, and then do everything to make sure a) you can't get tickets (and I was lucky to get a couple) and b) it's harder to take young children out for the (presumably very hot) day.

It's cost enough as it is, a cheap picnic is what most people will want to do.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the corporate tickets didn't come back on the market, only 40 per cent sold (they should be gone by now). Combination of times being tough, and people being hacked off by the way some things have been done I reckon.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Did you see that news yesterday that the security over drink is going to be the same as for airports? Ridiculous. No more than 100ml. You're not going on a flight, you're watching a sporting event. A shameless attempt to use security to make you buy overpriced food and drink.

They tell you 2012 is for the kids, and then do everything to make sure a) you can't get tickets (and I was lucky to get a couple) and b) it's harder to take young children out for the (presumably very hot) day.

Well the bomb on a plane could be used the same as in the Olympic park, but i agree i dont think they have done it for this purpose just money making really

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I was going to post something similar. Did ticket buyers know about these conditions when they brought them ? ( I couldn't give a toss as I have zero interest in the event myself ).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Completely agree. And stupid thing is that 100ml of the right liquid in the right hands is more than enough to blow up the stadium so what's the point. And are they going to get people to test drink it as well?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What did you apply for? 1m more on sale next Spring and if you got no tickets in the first ballot you may well get priority in that one.

From memory it was some athletic events at the stadium and these were non medal events like a Tues afternoon session.

Also

Stuff like Tae Kwon Do and Judo and also swimming. Again these were not the marquee events.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i applied for para olympics in the end as missed out on Olympics and wanna go see some things, should find out in next couple of weeks if i got tickets for the events i want. Which im sure i will as i cant see many people wanting to watch Disabled Archers.

Agreed, its like not getting any world cup tickets, but being offered the 3rd/4th place play off game instead.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the corporate tickets didn't come back on the market, only 40 per cent sold (they should be gone by now). Combination of times being tough, and people being hacked off by the way some things have been done I reckon.

Where did you get the 40% figure from?

Apparently they are going to let you take in an empty water bottle and then fill it up when you are inside.

Sent from my U8220/Pulse using Tapatalk

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

WANKERS.

I feel exactly the same. They have sold out to corporate monkeys.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Agreed, its like not getting any world cup tickets, but being offered the 3rd/4th place play off game instead.

not interested in the paralympics. I do not want to to people doing events that see a man with a missing small toe swimming against someone with no arms or legs. It just isnt fair.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
not interested in the paralympics. I do not want to to people doing events that see a man with a missing small toe swimming against someone with no arms or legs. It just isnt fair.

I think you will find that events are graded according to disability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here